Some more classic pictures

2B414CE7-F2E8-4B7E-A63E-A3CE4DE5DA67.jpeg

Correct, and it's still on the car now.

View attachment 552623

Those are the late 80s/ early 90s plates that came after the "sun" plates. I got one issued as late as '94. After this design, they replaced the "California" block letters with the "lipstick" text that we still have today.

Side note: CA still issues "real" plates, as in embossed and painted aluminum characters. What's up with all the phony looking flat plates that many states are doing these days (TX, MN, for example).

Thanks! I don't do FB, but by coincidence a guy doing research for that guy found me this evening. They actually contacted a PI to hunt me down, must be serious! It is a very special old mopar, have had it for 30 years.
That’s got to be one of the best car stories I’ve heard !

Thanks! I don't do FB, but by coincidence a guy doing research for that guy found me this evening. They actually contacted a PI to hunt me down, must be serious! It is a very special old mopar, have had it for 30 years.

Oh for cryin' out loud.... you're in luck if you need cash fast, or in peril if they're planning a hit .... better move it to an undisclosed location just in case. :wideyed:

Last edited:
Back