Some more classic pictures

F049A8D6-DF64-443E-ABFE-E3698D98E4FE.jpeg

Interesting later challenger. BL1 beige with road wheels and an odd colored top. Wonder what that color was.
There was a BL1 Chally at Carlisle this year, inside one of the buildings. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo. Perhaps someone else did?

Interesting later challenger. Bl1 beige with road wheels and an odd colored top. Wonder what that color was.

There was a BL1 Chally at Carlisle this year, inside one of the buildings. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo. Perhaps someone else did?
L4 (?) With a special order V1T top? Says only Monaco and Polara in the trim catalog, but that's the closest I could find.

When my daughter came into my life I was surprised that car seats now have expiration dates. I thought, I'm buckling her into a 1994 Impala SS rear seat, surrounded by 25 year old plastic and steel. Why do I need need to be concerned with what date her seat expires?!! I asked my mother if she ever put me or my brother in one. She laughed and said no, and you all survived too!

1972 (...) 1973 (...)

Alan
That car is not a 1972, as per the front bumpers and the fact that the grille logo is on the driver's side. 1973 and 1974 Challengers are almost impossible to tell apart. The main way to tell would be whether the car sports shoulder belts (1974 only), and I think one is visible on the passenger side of this car, so my money is on a 1974.

L4 (?) With a special order V1T top? Says only Monaco and Polara in the trim catalog, but that's the closest I could find.

I agree, as HL4 Parchment was available on the 1974 Chally according to the Dodge brochure: https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1974-Dodge-Dart-Challenger.pdf

This said, V1T was not available in 1974 as per the Hamtramck Registry Library (see also here). So I would go with you and @cuda hunter -- either the top (which IMHO looks great) is aftermarket or it is a custom V1T (I don't think it is V1Y Gold).

1661805673525.png

Last edited:
Back