Some more vintage drag pics

Sold it to a friend in Arkansas. He sold it to a guy in PA (now deceased) and the trail runs cold. I've been looking for it for a number of years. It has been posted on the Lost and Found page for some time as well as on a couple of other forums.

The reason I ask is there was a clone on Craigslist a few years ago in the Charlotte, NC area. I called the guy & he bracket raced it with a 360. The cage was funny. Looked high like Roy Hills Duster. I almost bought it. Guy sold it before I had time to go down there. The yellow was more of a gold on his car. I have pics

Mancini Racing

The same Mancini that has the Mopar parts business. They have always been big into Mopar racing of various forms. Here's their original Hemi Dart

image.jpg

I think Mancini had a Chrysler engineer Background and been part of the early Ramchargers, then leaving Chrysler to go into the drag racing Business.

One sad sidenote, it's been 55 years now since Wayne Erickson died after his 53 Dodge caught fire. He came up with the Ramcharger Name IIRC.

wayne_erickson.jpg

wayne_erickson.jpg

Yes I believe Ray Mancini was an engineer for them. They also helped out with the current Drag Pak Challengers

Back