Stop Lamp Switch Wiring

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Putting dash back in my 1970 Fury III. Can't remember which wire goes on which spade. The 2 pink wire connector includes power from the fuse box. I believe the white wire goes back to the taillamps thru the turn signal switch. Please clue me in so I don't reverse wire the switch. Standard dash, power brakes. Thanks!
20171208_173443-PS.jpg

20171208_133542.jpg

Putting dash back in my 1970 Fury III. Can't remember which wire goes on which spade. The 2 pink wire connector includes power from the fuse box. I believe the white wire goes back to the taillamps thru the turn signal switch. Please clue me in so I don't reverse wire the switch. Standard dash, power brakes. Thanks!
View attachment 155762
View attachment 155759
You are making far more progress than me lately.

Wow, Gary, For someone as good as you, that's saying something. Maybe working on that Nissan is jinxing you.

The pink wire is your hot one. Do yourself a favor and get a hydraulic switch from Painless Wiring, thread it on to your brake lines and be happy. This works very nicely. You can extend the switch leg, (white wire) through the firewall and use whichever hot source you care to.

I just installed the white wire on the mobile spade and the hot wore to the front spade. The stop lamps work fine. If I have problems, maybe I'll install a switch on the brake line. Thanks for the advice though.
20171209_103029.jpg

Back