SUMP BAFFLE

69PHOENIX

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,
Another Weird Question.
Many years ago I Pulled apart what I guessed was 440 Police Motor.
I say Police Motor because it's the only Engine I have seen with Nylon Radiator Hoses, Push Rod Guide Plates and, amongst other things, an Inbuilt Baffle in the Sump.
Unfortunately the Sump was so Badly Damaged it was Thrown out.
My Question: Does Anyone nowadays Sell a Baffle Plate you can Weld into a Standard Sump.
As Always, T.I.A.
Tony.M

Just the baffle only? Not that I know of, here in the USA you can get re-poped baffled oil pans with the windage tray in varying forms (Moroso, Direct Connect, Summit, Year One etc.) C-Body pans are a little harder to find I take it. But from just some 'net picture it wouldn't be to hard to DIY one yourself out of mild steel.

004.jpg

67-640x480.jpg

And as Ozzy Man Reviews would say (love that guy) a little bendy, bendy, snippy, snippy, maybe ad a few flippy, flippy's in there if you have the engine upside down on a engine stand.

:thumbsup:

You might check the Moroso drag race oil pans. Seems like I remember seeing some which had hinged baffles in them, years ago?

CBODY67

I did my own. This is a slant six pan but that doesn't matter.
I call them slosh plates for acceleration/deceleration to keep the front and rear seals from flooding.
This wasn't for racing or anything just something I wanted to try.
IMG_1898.jpg

O.K.
Now that's what I call Down Right Helpful.
Those Photos are Exactly what I Need.
Once Again I Can Only Say THANK YOU!
A Bit of Fabrication and I'll be a Happy Chappy.
Kind Regards, Tony.M

87CF8365-B43C-4CD6-A2E2-73D9356ACDF6.jpeg
DDD05E39-0006-4B3F-8602-C621CD469BF4.jpeg
D3FC0F4B-4354-4948-800D-087441A9E0E9.jpeg
The # 187 HP factory baffled oil pan was on the build recipe for HP 440 engines in 1970.

Back