Sump Pan- Will it Fit??

Captainfury

Reaction score
I bought a new sump pan for my 1971 New Yorker (440, 4 barrel, stock standard base performance ) and am now considering putting it onto a 1972 Fury with the 400ci 2 bbl standard engine . Is the oil sump pan for a 440 interchangeable with a 400ci 1972 engine. I can do a visual but wanted to know for sure prior to removing a sump and possibly having to put it back on for no reason .Any advice is appreciated.

I bought a new sump pan for my 1971 New Yorker (440, 4 barrel, stock standard base performance ) and am now considering putting it onto a 1972 Fury with the 400ci 2 bbl standard engine . Is the oil sump pan for a 440 interchangeable with a 400ci 1972 engine. I can do a visual but wanted to know for sure prior to removing a sump and possibly having to put it back on for no reason .Any advice is appreciated.
Yes the pan bolt pattern for the 400 and 440 are the same. That doesn’t mean it will fit your car because the sump maybe different. Pull the 400 out of the car and if the sump location looks different on the 440 swap the pan and pickup tube and you are good to go.

Get under there and measure the position of the sump and the back of the block. I say back of the block because that is out in the open, nothing in the way.

We don't know if they sold you a pan that will fit.

If we are talking know stock pans from the factory then they will swap between those 2 cars.

Back