Tesla vs Demon

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'll start out by saying I've only got a passing interest in drag racing but the results in this video surprised me. I thought the 2 cars would be a lot closer. Those more knowledgeable might pipe in to give their perspective.

Long distance the Hellcat will pass the Tesla. Hard to beat instant torque in shorter distances. I still love my crappy V8's.

The TRX ECU must of been reprogrammed or replaced. The OEM ECU for the TRX is governed to 109 mph. The TRX is basically programmed for Baha type off road usage even though it has most of the Hellcat drag features like line lock, Performance Pages including the Track Mode.

I'm very interested in the Dodge EMuscle cars coming up. The only thing is that I don't like the problems that first year models always have. I've been burned with first year cars/trucks production issues too many times. Most likely rushed to production before they are really ready for production. I don't remember exactly how many recalls and factory mods I had with a brand new 2004 Titan (before the metric Chargers/Challengers came into the picture). The brakes had to be completely replaced and several other factory mods mostly safety and performance issues.

So I'm pretty sure I'll pass on the first year Dodge EMuscle cars and I'll be ready for year 2 production. Plus I'll have the Scat Pack, Redeye, and Ram all paid for by then. I'll probably order an EMuscle car with quite a few options... whatever will be available in the 2nd year. I'm hoping that the SRT Team had plenty of time to have production development bugs worked out in the first year production of EMuscle. I know Dodge wants to bring EMuscle on line with a tremendous amount of power, Performance, and readiness and not having anything muck up the rollout.

Last edited:
Back