Testing radio question

yup, got 4 but 2 will do
OK, take two and you need to wire them in series.

I assume the wires are marked... I can't tell from the picture, but let's say one is yellow and the other is black.

Take a yellow wire from speaker 1 and attach it to one radio wire (doesn't matter which). Now take the black wire from speaker 1 and attach it to the yellow wire on speaker 2. Take the black wire from speaker 2 and attach it to the unused radio wire.

You now have 8 ohms impedance.
Speaker Series.jpg

From the photos, that is a stereo radio. It also has the DIN plug to connect the optional floor mounted stereo cassette unit (manufactured by Phillips) available in ‘71 and ‘72. The plug likely is left and right outputs with no speaker ground and should go to the thumbwheel fader for front to rear control. All speakers would go through the fader then be individually connected to ground usually by the speaker frame.

From the photos, that is a stereo radio. It also has the DIN plug to connect the optional floor mounted stereo cassette unit (manufactured by Phillips) available in ‘71 and ‘72. The plug likely is left and right outputs with no speaker ground and should go to the thumbwheel fader for front to rear control. All speakers would go through the fader then be individually connected to ground usually by the speaker frame.
I saw the DIN plug, but didn't notice the 3 wires for the speakers.

Good catch!

Back