The New Yorker had a slight make over.....

Nice work! What did you use for coil-overs and the ladder bar setup?

Nice work! What did you use for coil-overs and the ladder bar setup?

The ladder bars are Chassis Engineering double adjustable "ladder links". The coil overs are QA1 street shocks. It rides nice. At least as nice as stock, if not nicer. But because ladder bars are a solid mount and I did not use urethane bushings, I opted for the heim joints, it does make some noise from time to time. Nothing you can't live with and its so faint that if you just turn the radio on, you can't hear it.

Thanks! I love this car. I found it by accident and then found out that it is pretty rare after I bought it. I put it up for sale and had a bunch of low ballers offering $1200 to $2500 for it so I decided to keep it and get to work on it. I have a pretty extensive background in drag racing, particularly Mustangs. It's nice to jump into a project that you don't see in every other driveway. Like every other car I've owned, this will stay a 100% street car but it will have alot of attitude.[/QUOTE]

12 second C bodies are real cool. Rock on!

12 second C bodies are real cool. Rock on!

It will be faster than a 12 second car when I'm done with it. :)

I've been making **** go fast my whole life. My last car went 9.30s naturally aspirated with a small block.....but it was 1000 pounds lighter....

It will be faster than a 12 second car when I'm done with it. :)

I've been making **** go fast my whole life. My last car went 9.30s naturally aspirated with a small block.....but it was 1000 pounds lighter....

nice! even better! The world needs more C bodies that run that good

Why the popcorn? A 12 second car doesn't take much to put together. Either does an 11 second car for that matter. I've been doing this for over 20 years. I just have to take my time these days because I don't have sponsors anymore. Even as heavy as this car is (which is not really that heavy), I assure you it will be a high 10/low 11 second car with a stock lower end and naturally aspirated.

Why the popcorn? A 12 second car doesn't take much to put together. Either does an 11 second car for that matter. I've been doing this for over 20 years. I just have to take my time these days because I don't have sponsors anymore. Even as heavy as this car is (which is not really that heavy), I assure you it will be a high 10/low 11 second car with a stock lower end and naturally aspirated.

Ok, so what do you have to do to achieve that? I'd love for my car to be that quick without a lot of hassle.

The popcorn just means that he will be happily watching your progress and eating some popcorn while doing so.

Yes, it will make you thirsty.

a 512" stroker with a good set of Indy heads may be the ticket! Either way you've done a nice job on that rear suspension setup so I'm certain she'll hookup! keep us posted

Ok, so what do you have to do to achieve that? I'd love for my car to be that quick without a lot of hassle.

Heads, cam and intake. Converter and gears too along with some tires that hook. A good combination is what you need, not necessarily alot of horsepower. I just shaved over 100 pounds out of this car with the ladder bar set up and wheels. It will probably lose another 100 pounds or more this winter. That makes a noticeable difference too. There is a Coronet in the my area that runs 10.80s with a very mild 440 with 906 casting heads and an off the shelf .509 purple cam....and it weighs over 3800 pounds without the driver. The car is set up right and it runs good. He is a blue bottle away from single digits.

a 512" stroker with a good set of Indy heads may be the ticket! Either way you've done a nice job on that rear suspension setup so I'm certain she'll hookup! keep us posted

That is not in the budget this year. Maybe next year.

Finally put the new wheels and tires on. Now to fix the oil leak and trans leak. And new heads, and cam and put the headers and exhaust on, and....and... Ughhhh..... Never ending...

20151002_133104.jpg

20151002_133104.jpg

I want to see the faces on the people standing on the sidelines when that New Yorker breaks 10.0.
It will be priceless.

I want to see the faces on the people standing on the sidelines when that New Yorker breaks 10.0.
It will be priceless.

You should have seen the look on their faces when I went 9.36 @ 143mph in a small block naturally aspirated Mustang that I drove to the track on pump gas a few years back. I'm sure the look on their faces will be similar. :)

Back