The Trip to Bountiful. . . Benny's

7hr ride for me...one way. Was hoping it was at worse a day trip there a back, go out there at sun up, get back at dusk.
That about kills any chances for me, go ahead and have at it. :sad11:

Gary..... There are these places called "motels".......... You can sleep and shower there for a fee. Make it a 2-3 day adventure.

A buddy and I once flew to El Paso Tx..... rented a van and explored every junk yard and field full of old cars we could find in SE New Mexico for 5 days. Then shipped a van load of parts home via UPS and flew back..... One of my best junk yard adventures to date.

A buddy and I once flew to El Paso Tx..... rented a van and explored every junk yard and field full of old cars we could find in SE New Mexico for 5 days. Then shipped a van load of parts home via UPS and flew back..... One of my best junk yard adventures to date.

Now that's a vacation. I'd rather do that than go on a Carribian Cruise any day.

Gary..... There are these places called "motels".......... You can sleep and shower there for a fee. Make it a 2-3 day adventure.

Yeah Wil, I know about "motels", lol....I'll have to tell you about an "adventure" I had at a motel once just minding my own business....I tend to keep to hotels now, thank you very much. Anyways sadly it ain't in the cards. I need to keep it to a day trip right now.

Waiting............
How did I know YOU would ask.

To make it a short...living in motel for few months for company I worked for at the ship yard.....woke up late one night by loud knock on the door. Open door, stare down black sawed off shotgun barrels. Apparently there was an illicit romance occurring in the next room over. So drunk as hell husband rolls up in pick up truck after seeing her honda parked out side my door I guess, and after the "romance" had already begun, thinks the party is in my room. He knocks on my door wanting to know "where the F__K is my wife. He's rather irritated and loud. Time slows down and I start thinking about past events in my life, things I should have completed, my girlfriend, my mopar, is it gonna hurt, etc. She must have heard his yelling, ran out the door in a flimsy motel room towel, barely covered up. By this time someone has already called cops. They come, they point their guns at him, he lays down on ground they handcuff him, arrest him, pick him up and as he's lead to the cruiser he starts blubbering and crying about how much he still loves his wife. THAT was kinda sad, she didn't even look at him while they hauled him off to jail. I go back inside, change shorts and watch tv unit I have to go to work in the morning. That's the short of it. I won't stay in any motels now, esp. since its not just me anymore.

How did I know YOU would ask.

To make it a short...living in motel for few months for company I worked for at the ship yard.....woke up late one night by loud knock on the door. Open door, stare down black sawed off shotgun barrels. Apparently there was an illicit romance occurring in the next room over. So drunk as hell husband rolls up in pick up truck after seeing her honda parked out side my door I guess, and after the "romance" had already begun, thinks the party is in my room. He knocks on my door wanting to know "where the F__K is my wife. He's rather irritated and loud. Time slows down and I start thinking about past events in my life, things I should have completed, my girlfriend, my mopar, is it gonna hurt, etc. She must have heard his yelling, ran out the door in a flimsy motel room towel, barely covered up. By this time someone has already called cops. They come, they point their guns at him, he lays down on ground they handcuff him, arrest him, pick him up and as he's lead to the cruiser he starts blubbering and crying about how much he still loves his wife. THAT was kinda sad, she didn't even look at him while they hauled him off to jail. I go back inside, change shorts and watch tv unit I have to go to work in the morning. That's the short of it. I won't stay in any motels now, esp. since its not just me anymore.

Did the husband look like this guy?

no country for old men2.jpg

no country for old men2.jpg

That's a GREAT story, Gary. I had the whole scenario rolling in my mind and I nearly pissed my pants laughing, but I appreciate the fact what a bad situation that really was for you.

This is what really busted me up. LMFAO:

Time slows down and I start thinking about past events in my life, things I should have completed, my girlfriend, my mopar, is it gonna hurt, etc.

"Is it gonna hurt"....... :rolling:

Good one Gary......... I guess I can understand your reluctance to do that again.... I've had some wierd experiences in motels also... but not THAT exciting.

Last trip residing in a Dollar Inn they asked if my buddy and me want the hourly rate or stay the whole night.

That's a GREAT story, Gary. I had the whole scenario rolling in my mind and I nearly pissed my pants laughing, but I appreciate the fact what a bad situation that really was for you.

This is what really busted me up. LMFAO:

"Is it gonna hurt"....... :rolling:
Yes, it could have been a real bad situation, MANY things went thru my brain those few seconds, including what's it going to feel like. The precarious nature of the situation did not REALLY hit me though until the next morning. I told my boss and he gave me the day off.

That is a Hell of a story Gary and very well told. I hope I can make it through my life not knowing what it's like to have the wrong end of a gun in my face.

That is a Hell of a story Gary and very well told. I hope I can make it through my life not knowing what it's like to have the wrong end of a gun in my face.
Yep, It is not something you want pointed at your face Matt. You get very philosophical with yourself for those few seconds. Bringing it back up now it still gives me the willies. Could've been real ugly.

That sucks when your minding your own business. I know how that feels, but not the angry spouse.

Funny thing when I was growing up my brothers and I had gone through a lot of cap guns because we pointed them at each other. My Dad was with the Military and told us "Never point a gun at something you don't intend on shooting. Do you want to shoot your brothers?" as he smashes the cap guns with a hammer and no one would have one for a while.

It never really hint me why he did that until I went over seas, I called him that night to thank him. One of the few times I caught him off guard on shop talk.

My brother tells a story of being in the town of Yarmouth, Nova Scotia on a business trip back in the '80s. Yarmouth is a decent-sized town and the best hotel in town is the Grand, which is about 6 floors. I stayed there myself a few times, decent place. He was asleep in his room in the middle of the night when *bam* he is awakened by a big crash and sees light coming from the hallway. Switches on the lights, the door is in pieces and there is a guy laid out cold in his entryway. The brawl in the hall must have been a good one. He was up the rest of the night with cops taking statements, medics getting the guy to the hospital, and hotel maintenance trying to fix his door. Hotel or motel, you just never know.

Back