Thumbs up

Positive Compliments are good things, always have been and always will be. Why is there any need to pick apart where they came from?

I was just thinking out loud philosophically. Just working my way through it.
And you're right, Matt.
There's times I need some of Gary's Cerebral Calming Concoction.

Posted via Topify on Android

Gary, two years ago I was turning off of Laurel rd onto East Atlantic ave and there was a group of boys, they were probably 11 years old. I was in the convertible and the top was down. One of the kids stopped in his tracks and pointed to my car and said loudly to the other kids, thats a 70 polara convertible. ..... I gotta tell you, I wanted to turn that car around and go talk to that boy BUT it could have been considered creepy.

If you guys are shunning attention by the people that admire your car on the road then you need your cars taken away from you. Sure you get the snobs or the jealous types that reject the old car but that is few and far between. Most love to see them on the road, and in the bank, gas station, food store lot. I have been Polara Dave or C body Dave since I was fifteen, I dont do it for the attention but it finds me and in a positive way.

That's a cool story Dave and I have to agree

Gary, two years ago I was turning off of Laurel rd onto East Atlantic ave and there was a group of boys, they were probably 11 years old. I was in the convertible and the top was down. One of the kids stopped in his tracks and pointed to my car and said loudly to the other kids, thats a 70 polara convertible. ..... I gotta tell you, I wanted to turn that car around and go talk to that boy BUT it could have been considered creepy.

If you guys are shunning attention by the people that admire your car on the road then you need your cars taken away from you. Sure you get the snobs or the jealous types that reject the old car but that is few and far between. Most love to see them on the road, and in the bank, gas station, food store lot. I have been Polara Dave or C body Dave since I was fifteen, I don't do it for the attention but it finds me and in a positive way.
I realize that. I'm not shunning anyone, I'm very polite with people when I get compliments or questions (often).....and even when the questions are seemingly stupid (it's a 63' Ford Galaxie 500 some guy asked me)...I don't mind striking up a conversation with someone over a car...but that's not what compels me.

Back