Tom Petty dead at 66

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Tom Petty of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers dead at 66. Way to damn soon.

Loved his music!

RIP Tom, you gave us plenty of great tunes and memories listening to them over the years.

Not what I needed to hear right now. One of my favorites. R.I.P. Mr. Petty thanks for some of the best music of your day.

Not cool. Such an awesome musician. If you guys ever get the chance, there's a great documentary about him on Netflix.

And Keith and Willie are still plugging along...
RIP Mr. Petty you are one of the best of all time.

I have to apologize for reporting the death of Tom Petty. I was just reporting what I read in 3 different articles on the internet.

Tom is still alive as far as I know. He was in full cardiac arrest in his home in California and currently has no brain activity. His family decided to disconnect life support and he isn't expected to survive the day.

Again, I apologize for reporting this.

Tom Petty is one of the best singer, songwriter, and rock and roll guitarist in the world!

No need to apologize Bob, every media outlet reported the same thing, not your fault.

I have to apologize for reporting the death of Tom Petty. I was just reporting what I read in 3 different articles on the internet.

Tom is still alive as far as I know. He was in full cardiac arrest in his home in California and currently has no brain activity. His family decided to disconnect life support and he isn't expected to survive the day.

Tom Petty is one of the best singer, songwriter, and rock and roll guitarist in the world!
I was hearing for at least a couple hours that he had passed before the revision was issued. Looks like someone in the media didn't verify the story so you have nothing to apologise for.

No biggie. Reminds me of this one.
Mark Twain was undecided whether to be more amused or annoyed when a Journal representative informed him today of the report in New York that he was dying in poverty in London...
The great humorist, while not perhaps very robust, is in the best of health. He said:
“I can understand perfectly how the report of my illness got about, I have even heard on good authority that I was dead. James Ross Clemens, a cousin of mine, was seriously ill two or three weeks ago in London, but is well now. The report of my illness grew out of his illness.
The report of my death was an exaggeration

Back