Took a cool pic?

Taken at 8 and 11 this morning. The fog bank over the river.

IMG_20240921_082821775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240921_120350488_HDR.jpg

I took the long way home last weekend back from Vegas. Hwy 58 between Buttonwillow and Santa Margarita, through the sparsely populated and arid land of western Kern and eastern San Luis Obispo Counties. Oil production, cattle ranches, dryland farming, and now solar "farms".

IMG_9057.JPEG

IMG_9059.JPEG

The Carrizo Plains in eastern SLO county...

IMG_9061.JPEG

IMG_9070.JPEG

The hump ahead is where the San Andreas fault crosses the hwy:

IMG_9074.JPEG

And looking south from the hwy, the cleft in the valley floor is the fault, trending in a NW-SE direction:

IMG_9075.JPEG

The French King bridge on route 2 it spans the Connecticut river and separates the towns of Gill & Irving MA.

IMG_3138.JPG

When we started this thread nearly a decade ago, a lot of pics came in. Really fascinating things you folks (or someone you know) captured ... with your own eyes.

like most threads, they slow down, then years go by. Some "come baclk to liife", some don't.

Hopefully this one can get its "legs" again as surelly more neat stuff ... NOT necessarity cars ... have been captured over the past few years.

on vacation, or in your own backyard, or on the road to your local grocery store. Whatever you like and think other folks might too.

Please, no snapping and driving .. my PSA for the day.:).

anyway, thanks again for sharing and in advance for any posts yet to come. btw, in general, neat vehicles of any kind always welcome.

Some of wife and I's many travels. Alaska, midwest,upstate new york, lake placid area.One of our backyard, neighbors calves trying to figure out how to get in the pool!

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

Back