Trade up?

furyus 67

Reaction score
Traded a buddy a #489 3rd member case with 2.76 open diff for this unit. Good deal?;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Depends, a 489 is the strongest and most desirable out of the 3 8 3/4 rearend cases. Unless your putting slicks on with a 500 horse monster motor I doubt you'll break that 741. For street driving it ll hold up ok

Since the 489 case is not a Sure-Grip, i think i would do it. What gears are in the 741?

That's the plan. I need to get the bugs worked out of the electrical system then the engine and then I'll throw this in.
Now were talking lol, Better hurry while there is Still some Warm weather left.

Dave, aren't 741 Pinions about the Same diameter as a 12 Bolt or 8.8?

I believe so, Dr. Diff has a whole run down sizes. I knew of one that ran mid 10s and had hundreds if not a thousand passes on it.

I doubt I'll ever run a single pass in the ole fury! Still nice to know I'll have grip if I do. I'm debating on putting a 3.55 on that sure grip and stuffing it in there. I'll probly run for the next summer tho.

D
I doubt I'll ever run a single pass in the ole fury! Still nice to know I'll have grip if I do. I'm debating on putting a 3.55 on that sure grip and stuffing it in there. I'll probly run for the next summer tho.
I did a similar deal with my buddy...I had a 2.76 SG in a 489 case and swapped for a 742 case with a 3.55 SG.. Good gear for a street car IMHO. You made a good trade..

I just looked under the fury and I've got a 489 case in it now! Maybe I'll take that 3.55 I have, slap it on the site grip and stuff it in that 489. Need to make sure they will swap tho.

I just looked under the fury and I've got a 489 case in it now! Maybe I'll take that 3.55 I have, slap it on the site grip and stuff it in that 489. Need to make sure they will swap tho.
Sure grips from a 741 I don't think will interchange with a 489.

Back