Transmission cooler lines mismatch from inline tube.

BAD69FURY

Reaction score
We’ll I thought I ordered the correct line from inline tube. Said it was for a C body.

As you can see my original line is much longer. Anyone know of a source with the correct length? If you look closely on my stock line someone had connected a union which leaks like a sive, which is why I’m looking to replace the line.

Anyone by chance have this line they want to sell? I could probably just send my old line to in-line tube and have them make a copy end to end.

Thanks

IMG_6017.jpeg

You might also remove the union and completely replace it or bridge the gap with a piece of atf-friendly reinforced rubber hose.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Did you order the correct line? The transmission has two lines one is longer than the other. One is the output and one is the return line. If you did order the correct line and the company sent the wrong one they should exchange it for you. It would be an easy mistake for the company send the wrong line.

the ones I got from inline tube for my 68 were wrong too...saw some forum stuff out there that said their customer service and return policies were terrible so I never tried to return them , but for all I know they're great...some vendors seem to have the long tube from the rear trans port go to the right side of the radiator , and others have it go to the left side...got another set from Vans , wrong too but the ones they had listed for an earlier car worked...we were sending pics back and forth and they were going into the warehouse pulling stock to find the right ones, and set #2 was free...I'll check tomorrow if any of 4 wrong lines look like what you need...

Did you order the correct line? The transmission has two lines one is longer than the other. One is the output and one is the return line. If you did order the correct line and the company sent the wrong one they should exchange it for you. It would be an easy mistake for the company send the wrong line.
Yes I thought I did, I bought the pair, but only showed this line for comparison

the ones I got from inline tube for my 68 were wrong too...saw some forum stuff out there that said their customer service and return policies were terrible so I never tried to return them , but for all I know they're great...some vendors seem to have the long tube from the rear trans port go to the right side of the radiator , and others have it go to the left side...got another set from Vans , wrong too but the ones they had listed for an earlier car worked...we were sending pics back and forth and they were going into the warehouse pulling stock to find the right ones, and set #2 was free...I'll check tomorrow if any of 4 wrong lines look like what you need...
Thank you I’d greatly appreciate it! Let me know thanks.

I have ordered two sets from Inline Tube for 69 Polaras, both matched and fit correctly.
The 69s hug the block.
I'm thinking somebody modified your line as it is nearly impossible to get in after the fact.
2021-11-11_004.jpg

Alan

Success, I bought a roll of 5/16 line, and remade my own line, transfered the female ends from the other and double flared the ends.

Nothing alittle motivation and elbow grease can’t fix.

IMG_6057.jpeg

IMG_6056.jpeg

Back