Troy MI, 1980

Lol! Oh the wise cracks surrounding exit 69 I’ve heard most of my life.
Those exit and street signs have been high theft items for years. I think every Frat house in the state has one hanging on a wall.

route_420_20150910.jpg

Intercourse, Pa is about 30 minutes from me. The next town is called Bird in Hand. LOL!

Look it up....I'm not kidding.

The Gremlin is a 73 or 74 or 75 (E9-Mellow Yellow) Gremlin X much like the 5.0 liter Gremlin X I had in high school.

73GremlinA.jpg

Tell me about your Alibi Matt. The only Alibi I know of iz down in depot town in Ypsitucky on Cross st. Been there since the 1920s that I know of. Many coeds have earned their EMU tuition $ in that waterhole over the decadez, lol
This one @BIGBARNEYCARS Alibi Restaurant | Troy Michigan | Best Pizza & Hamburgers | Oakland County MI
Their pizza has been around since around 1925 or so and they’ve been at this location since at least 1976 but probably decades prior. We started going there in ‘76 when it was a hole in the wall.

This one @BIGBARNEYCARS Alibi Restaurant | Troy Michigan | Best Pizza & Hamburgers | Oakland County MI
Their pizza has been around since around 1925 or so and they’ve been at this location since at least 1976 but probably decades prior. We started going there in ‘76 when it was a hole in the wall.

Right on Matt.
Drive by every day on my commute home. The old place was a bar in an old house. Think, beer soaked, sticky floors and tables. The excellent carry-out pizza made the place famous. New place is specially cozy this time of year sitting at a table by the fireplace.
I think every college town in Mich. had an Alibi Bar just off campus back in the '70s. A totally different chain of bars.

Thanks Matt, Guess I'm just a west side guy. Never heard of the Alibi in Troy, but the one in Ypsi still had a brass rail at the bar the 1st time I went in in '58(spittoons were gone tho') My only vivid memory of fair city of Troy besidez the Woodward Cruise iz one time I called the Ruth Chris Steak House up on BIG BEAVER az I remember. And tried to make reservations for my Bride and I for our 50th anniversary some 5 years ago for the 29th of December and after making the reservations for time and date we wanted. The ADOLESCENT on the other end of the line in her best grown up voice informed me that they had a very strict dress code and I said SAY WHAT? Y'ALL MEAN THAT IF I COME IN MY BIB OVERHAULS AND MAMA'S GOT HER BEST FLOWER SACK DRESS ON Y'ALL AIN'T GONNA LET US'NS IN THAT EATERY FER AN HOUR OR SO? WELL HELL, IF I DRIVE ONE WAY IN AH BLIZZARD AN HOUR AND AH HALF, SPEND UPWARDS OF $250 TO $300 PLUS TIP FOR A STEAK DINNER AND A BOTTLE OF OPUS 1 FOR TWO. I GOTTA PUT AH SUIT AND TIE ON JUST TO LOOK LIKE ALL THE OTHER PENGUINS THAT DON'T GIVE AH RATS *** WEATHER I LIVE OR DIE? LADY YOU HAVE TO REMOVE YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR POSTERIOR 'CUZ THEIRS A REAL WORLD OUT HERE....AND I STARTED LAUGHING AND HUNG UP. I burned two NY strips on the Jenn-Air on that anniversary nite and we went thru' two bottles of OPUS 1 that I bought at Meijer's Thrifty Acres the day before in Ann Arbor, and we're still both laughing 'bout the nite we had on our 50th, Jer

Back