Unfortunate mishap

rkrochen

Reaction score
While driving down the highway yesterday I met a semi with a wide load. While giving a wide berth I didn’t notice a big pothole on the edge of the road. Hit it at full speed and thought I blew a tire. The impact was hard enough to knock my hubcap off. Anyways as you can see it broke one of the fins off the spinner and I need to either fix it or replace it. Going to try JB Weld unless someone has a better suggestion.
Good news is nothing bad happened to the car and everything else is ok. No steering issues or vibrations to worry about. I will take a better look later.
I can only imagine what would have happened to a newer car.

IMG_4980.jpeg

While driving down the highway yesterday I met a semi with a wide load. While giving a wide berth I didn’t notice a big pothole on the edge of the road. Hit it at full speed and thought I blew a tire. The impact was hard enough to knock my hubcap off. Anyways as you can see it broke one of the fins off the spinner and I need to either fix it or replace it. Going to try JB Weld unless someone has a better suggestion.
Good news is nothing bad happened to the car and everything else is ok. No steering issues or vibrations to worry about. I will take a better look later.
I can only imagine what would have happened to a newer car.

View attachment 618308
I would shop for another one, there’s bound to be one out there somewhere. But I would hang onto the old one and make repairs just in case.

I would shop for another one, there’s bound to be one out there somewhere. But I would hang onto the old one and make repairs just in case.
That’s the plan. I have been watching for one anyways because one of the other ones has poor chrome.

Looks like I managed to salvage the spinner. Used JB Weld and joined it back together. It seemed to be quite strong at this point but I decided to add an extra layer on the inside for assurance. Hopefully it holds under the strains of driving. In the meantime will try to source a couple of new ones.

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

Back