Uphill climb to the bottom

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

Despite the fact that I haven’t touched my 68 in many many months, I’ve still got a feeling I could get it driving by the end of the year!

Not going to lie, im worried about letting the engine sit for so long not running as well as the water that was sitting inside the radiator which is undoubtedly disgusting brown muck by now… Car sits in a garage, so it’s not exposed to the elements thankfully.

My hope is that she’ll come right back around and be as eager as I am to get back onto the road !

Definitely not easy with a newborn, but my son Fred already seems to love old cars as he smiles so big whenever he is around one!

My goal is still to make my 68 into a 300 “clone.” Should be making a road trip within the next few weeks to pick up the front fenders I need. Then a separate trip for a hood, grille and other miscellaneous items it needs. I forgot that I even bought the right harness from Murray Park to make the headlight doors work. I’ve dipped my toe in the water already so I plan to commit to the swap all the way through. I know it’ll be worth it!

I think I’ll call the car the Impala Killer … since that’s the only other old cars you ever see in my town LOL

Going to have to get him some Mopar threads, for when he goes cruisin with his dad in the 68. Already going on 3 months old tomorrow! Trying my hardest not to blink so he doesn’t grow too fast

IMG_6584.jpeg

Back