WANTED Vacuum advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my factory parts books, and there are 8 different vacuum advance units used, both in 71 and 72. A total of 16 different units. Of those, only one is used in both 71 and 72. They differ by engine size, with or w/o elect. ignition, with or w/o air pump, 2bbl/4bbl, etc.

If you can send me the number off of your distributor tag (for example 3438 231) I could give you the OEM number for the vacuum advance. I could also tell you if any other distributor numbers use the same unit.

If your distributor tag is missing, do your best to describe your engine; cubic inch, 2bbl/4bbl, with or w/o elect.ignition, with or w/o air pump. There are even some that go as far as build date.

The distributor number would be the best way to check. If you can get that to me, I'll do my best to get you some information.

Best Regards,

Stew

Do you know if there are any company that sells an OEM replacement vacuum advances. My engine is the 440 and uses points

I don't feel that you need to be dead on looking for the vac advances if they are from a differebpnt application that is similar. You can adjust the advance with just a tiny allen wrench.

But I don't like used. Those diagphrams usually are dried out.

Yeah but the original advance diaphragm on it is shot and rusted. Im just looking for a replacement so I can save some money by not having to convert over to electronic ignition. I don't feel like spending 500$ for a brand new distributor. But it seems as if I have no choice but to do so.

Yeah but the original advance diaphragm on it is shot and rusted. Im just looking for a replacement so I can save some money by not having to convert over to electronic ignition. I don't feel like spending 500$ for a brand new distributor. But it seems as if I have no choice but to do so.

It will cost nowhere near $500. Mancini sells a complete kit, distributor, box and wiring harness for $199. They also sell the kit with a Firecore distributor for an additional $40.

Kiss those points goodbye.:yaayy:

http://www.manciniracing.com/ma413426440e3.html

Kevin

There is a number on the vacuum advance canister (maybe impossible to read with rust) it is the amount of advance the canister will add. Its not to critical because most engines will take alot of advance at high vacuum/cruise how fast it comes on is adjustable through the nipple with a 3/32nd Allen wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back