Very Nice Formal

I don't think anybody ever sat in the back seat.

DSC02977.jpgDSC02973.jpgDSC02965.jpgDSC02966.jpg

DSC02977.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

I could lay another seat bottom in there and make it a double bed or a luxury camper. LOL!

Yes. For Formals. Other lines, Cordoba's, M-bodies, had that two spoker on non T&T cars.

Posted via Topify on Android

My 78 Newport has a 2 spoke steering wheel with no T&T.

[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43702&d=1395620145&d=1395620145"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
Ohhhhh. That two spoke....

Man, that mint green is soothing on the eyes!

Last edited:
The non-tilt wheel could be optioned either as 2 spoke rubber or Bakelite 3 spoke and the 3 spoke centres crests were different depending on it they were NYB or Newport.

76_Chrysler_Newport_New_Yorker_0007.jpg

Extremely interesting the lit uses the term "chrome style road wheel" all in lower case letters as if the was no official designated name for that wheel. More like a description of the wheel than a name.

What else does it need? I thought it was pretty much ready to roll.

Interior and bodywork and paint are good.

Mechanically I have to replace the entire brake system and possibly the booster. I'm hoping that replacing everything except the booster will get it operational. I drive these cars coast to coast (Maryland to Green Bay and back for now) and can't have brake, chassis, steering problems. I also need to rebuild the transmission. I'm not 100% sure the rear axle is OK or not yet. I'll know once I finish the brakes and txsm and take it on a road test. I need to replace the Lean Burn, need dual exhaust, Eddie carb, a few oil leaks, etc. A little A/C repair. I have to do some repairs on the road wheels and get new tires. I have stockpiled all the parts (except tires)and will start the renovation in spring. I'm too busy at work....60-70 hours a week. I've had one 24 hour period (Christmas Day) off since last fall. My plan is to drive the Newport to Carlisle in July.

Back