Welcome, Belvie forever

ello everybody.
I am an italian located momentarily in Spain with my 58 Belvie (4drHT) and I happen to have one of tbose super pak option that as common on exported cars.
Nice to meet everybody :thumbsup:

Belvie a calafell settembre.jpg

Welcome to the site as there are a number of us Forward Look vehicle era owners on this forum.

I currently own too many of them and I am going to let a couple go despite my desire to fully complete them but age has crept up on me and I have to make choices. Here is one of them and for other Forward Look folks on the site I am putting my 1958 Regal Lancer up for sale in the near future and want to put @bluefury361 on notice (I haven't seen much from Will lately and do hope he is doing OK since he was interested in the vehicle as well). I have a lot of restoration parts for the car through Gary Goers who was a real help in keeping these cars on the road for decades. I will also be putting my 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4 door sedan up for sale in the near future as well. It doesn't even have to be restored since it is a very well preserved original vehicle and could drive well after some brake work). Photos upon request. Here are some of the photos of my 1958 Regal Lancer embedded within this post: ...................:

Steve

Welcome to the site as there are a number of us Forward Look vehicle era owners on this forum.

I currently own too many of them and I am going to let a couple go despite my desire to fully complete them but age has crept up on me and I have to make choices. Here is one of them and for other Forward Look folks on the site I am putting my 1958 Regal Lancer up for sale in the near future and want to put @bluefury361 on notice (I haven't seen much from Will lately and do hope he is doing OK since he was interested in the vehicle as well). I have a lot of restoration parts for the car through Gary Goers who was a real help in keeping these cars on the road for decades. I will also be putting my 1958 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4 door sedan up for sale in the near future as well. It doesn't even have to be restored since it is a very well preserved original vehicle and could drive well after some brake work). Photos upon request. Here are some of the photos of my 1958 Regal Lancer embedded within this post: ...................:
[/URL]

Steve
Just noticed your post about selling your Regal Lancer and wondered if you had decided to pull the trigger yet. I would be interested in it. hardly ever get on this website so maybe it was karma. I also have a lot of stuff in my basement from Gary. I even have his catalog from before he moved to Montana. I talked to a fellow a few years ago who lives in Idaho and knew him personally. He was a true character. I think i have a few years on you but i think i still have one more car left in me if you could let me know. Thanks, Pat Grant

Yes Grant, I knew Gary personally since I was a teenager and visited him often when he had his shop in Southern California. I watched him make so many parts for our Forward Look cars. He helped me learn how to do body work on my 1957 Chrysler 300C and that car is shown somewhere on this site in years past - maybe the search function will bring it up. I also visited him many times when he ran the car collection for Richard Carpenter called "Yesterday Once More". At one car show out here one day I met Richard and Karen Carpenters and their parents and my mother and dad were there too. My mother hit it off well with their mother too. I was really saddened that Karen passed away at such a young age - she was just a beautiful person in all ways and she was very humble - I really liked her a lot. Those were the days now long past. I also kept in communication with Gary in Kalispell Montana through his last days and for sure we lost a great person.

I do have a serious collector wanting to visit me in the next week or two to look at my car in detail with his chief body/mechanical guy and make me an offer. He is a millionaire who lives in the Bay Area in northern California and I do know them both very well over many years. I have inspected many cars for him in the past that were near my location so he could have my appraisal of each vehicle in depth. I also have a guy in Finland who likes the Forward Look cars the best and he is very anxious to buy my Regal Lancer as well. I have sold at least 35 cars over the years to Finnish people since I have a very good reputation over there as someone who discloses everything about the condition of my cars before they consider buying one and they say that I am the exception - most Finnish people consider folks in the U.S. as dishonest when it comes to describing the real condition of the cars they buy over here in the U.S. and they most of the time are shocked at how much people lie about the presence of rust and so much more and after spending great sums of money for buying a car, shipping and Custom's fees they end up with huge sums of money spent on what turns out to be miserable junk. So when anyone buys a car from the U.S., it is usually one of mine. They have all been pleased with what they got.

In any case, I just want my Regal Lancer to go to the best home and I am not wanting to get a lot of money for it as much as I want it to have a good future. Honestly I am having difficulty in letting the car go since it is such a good example of one to begin with. But I have too many cars left and at 77 I need to think more about making sure they all find good homes. I am still healthy but I do have too many cars left so I am thinking I just have to let it go soon to make sure its fate becomes the best one possible. I will let you know how things progress as I walk this path and feel free to contact me if you don't here from me in the meantime.

I do know of an older gentleman who is going to put his Regal Lancer up for sale and it seems his is already restored quite well and I believe he is some 10 years older than me and still kicking strongly for his age. So I could put you in touch with him once I can figure out what to do with mine.

Take care, Steve

Yes Grant, I knew Gary personally since I was a teenager and visited him often when he had his shop in Southern California. I watched him make so many parts for our Forward Look cars. He helped me learn how to do body work on my 1957 Chrysler 300C and that car is shown somewhere on this site in years past - maybe the search function will bring it up. I also visited him many times when he ran the car collection for Richard Carpenter called "Yesterday Once More". At one car show out here one day I met Richard and Karen Carpenters and their parents and my mother and dad were there too. My mother hit it off well with their mother too. I was really saddened that Karen passed away at such a young age - she was just a beautiful person in all ways and she was very humble - I really liked her a lot. Those were the days now long past. I also kept in communication with Gary in Kalispell Montana through his last days and for sure we lost a great person.

I do have a serious collector wanting to visit me in the next week or two to look at my car in detail with his chief body/mechanical guy and make me an offer. He is a millionaire who lives in the Bay Area in northern California and I do know them both very well over many years. I have inspected many cars for him in the past that were near my location so he could have my appraisal of each vehicle in depth. I also have a guy in Finland who likes the Forward Look cars the best and he is very anxious to buy my Regal Lancer as well. I have sold at least 35 cars over the years to Finnish people since I have a very good reputation over there as someone who discloses everything about the condition of my cars before they consider buying one and they say that I am the exception - most Finnish people consider folks in the U.S. as dishonest when it comes to describing the real condition of the cars they buy over here in the U.S. and they most of the time are shocked at how much people lie about the presence of rust and so much more and after spending great sums of money for buying a car, shipping and Custom's fees they end up with huge sums of money spent on what turns out to be miserable junk. So when anyone buys a car from the U.S., it is usually one of mine. They have all been pleased with what they got.

In any case, I just want my Regal Lancer to go to the best home and I am not wanting to get a lot of money for it as much as I want it to have a good future. Honestly I am having difficulty in letting the car go since it is such a good example of one to begin with. But I have too many cars left and at 77 I need to think more about making sure they all find good homes. I am still healthy but I do have too many cars left so I am thinking I just have to let it go soon to make sure its fate becomes the best one possible. I will let you know how things progress as I walk this path and feel free to contact me if you don't here from me in the meantime.

I do know of an older gentleman who is going to put his Regal Lancer up for sale and it seems his is already restored quite well and I believe he is some 10 years older than me and still kicking strongly for his age. So I could put you in touch with him once I can figure out what to do with mine.

Take care, Steve
Hey, Steve-I appreciate the note. i remember Karen Carpenter and her music. I believe she had that eating disorder and basically starved to death. If she only realized how much she was appreciated by her fans and how much more music she could have created!! I cant compete with millionaires and Finns on money but i promise you that your car would be appreciated more by me than anyone. I went out to Stillwater , Oklahoma three years ago and bought a 1959 Sport Fury from a fellow whose father bought the car new. I keep in contact with him regularly and just had the glove box badge engraved with his fathers name. I have a 69 Roadrunner that I bought new and I hope my son will never feel the necessity to sell it. It and all my cars are part of my soul. I have you beat by 4 years but i am going to die with all my cars right here. Yes, I would be interested in getting in touch with your friend if his becomes available but i only need one. Your "C'" is beautiful . I have a white "G" but it has been parked for a long time. Gary made me a set of front seats for it and i still have them in the basement. Pat

Hi Pat, I just need to see how things evolve and I realize few can compete with a millionaire, but he has to convince me that he has the right resources lined up to actually be able to restore my Regal Lancer. I don't think he has enough resources lined up to restore so many of his cars, especially mine in my lifetime (or even his). Each of you three that want it are very different so I will see how things evolve. That's really all I can say at this point.

Steve

Hi Pat, I just need to see how things evolve and I realize few can compete with a millionaire, but he has to convince me that he has the right resources lined up to actually be able to restore my Regal Lancer. I don't think he has enough resources lined up to restore so many of his cars, especially mine in my lifetime (or even his). Each of you three that want it are very different so I will see how things evolve. That's really all I can say at this point.

Steve
10-4

Back