Welcome, Zezima

Hey, sorry for taking a week to reply, I joined somewhat preemptively, as I was in the middle of securing my first C body purchase, and indeed my first classic/pre-1980 purchase as I found this forum interesting and informative even without owning one yet, then decided I didn't want to post until I actually owned one. Now I do.

1971 Dodge Polara vinyl top sedan in Q5 Turquoise Poly. Look forward to working on it and learning more about it as I go, thanks for the welcomes.

20230204_174451.jpg

20230204_174337.jpg

Very belated welcome, @Zezima -- just noticed your exchange with @71Polara383 about your FQ5 1971 sedan. I own an FQ3 Polara 'vert and briefly owned a 1971 FQ5 Newport 2dr with sunroof that is now in CA. Would love to see more photos of your car, including the fender tag and the build sheet, and hear more about the story.

@Zezima -- did you buy your car from Ray in CA? From the rear plate, yours and his car have the same rear plate. Is your car DE41L1D118041 (corrected: DE41L1D119041 ) indeed?

Here are photos posted by Ray back in 2020-2021. @polara71 @71Polara383 @69CoronetRT @cuda hunter

Resized_received_2897205813731382.jpg
Resized_received_2779397822187843.jpg
fender tag Resized_received_359446855017352.jpg

Last edited:
did you buy your car from Ray in CA? From the rear plate, yours and his car have the same rear plate. Is your car DE41L1D118041 indeed?
That's the same car, I recognized it from the unique blemishes alone. but of course the plate and tag sealed it. Though the VIN is one off from what you said; it's a 119041, but otherwise yes. I'm not sure if I interacted with Ray, the seller's name was Matt but I didn't get to meet him, he said he couldn't come, so he would have a friend sell it for him and meet me. I'm not sure who I met because I don't know if he said his name. I still have Matt's phone number though, and that's whose name is on the title and all the paperwork.

I still have the 594 CKL plates, too.
1727116927137.png

Would love to see more photos of your car, including the fender tag and the build sheet, and hear more about the story.
Welcome from Virginia!!

Somehow missed these the first time, so sorry about that.

@ayilar - Looked everywhere I could, and could only recover one broadcast sheet. Unless one's underneath the carpet itself, or buried in the dash somehow, I think this is the only one left. It's very fragile, been meaning to laminate it:

Polara broadcast sheet-min.png

@kowalski1970 - Thank you, and I love the name. Vanishing Point has to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

Last edited:

@ayilar - It's very fragile, been meaning to laminate it:

@kowalski1970

Make photo copies and install them in every seat, every time you have one out.
I have taken copies and rolled them up and shoved them into seats so there are at least 5 in any car I have ever had with a build sheet.
Then laminate the original. In a non acidic clear sleeve.

Thanks for posting all the info. That's an cool color for sure. Do you have a build thread or a specific thread on the car?

@ayilar - Looked everywhere I could, and could only recover one broadcast sheet. Unless one's underneath the carpet itself, or buried in the dash somehow, I think this is the only one left. It's very fragile, been meaning to laminate it:

View attachment 683400

@kowalski1970 - Thank you, and I love the name. Vanishing Point has to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

Thank you.

This car's VON starts with M. Can you confirm the numbers in the Y code series box that I highlighted?

119041_BS-crop.png

Thank you.

This car's VON starts with M. Can you confirm the numbers in the Y code series box that I highlighted?

View attachment 683445
Yes, it appears to be 33?

1727155172949.png

Make photo copies and install them in every seat, every time you have one out.
I have taken copies and rolled them up and shoved them into seats so there are at least 5 in any car I have ever had with a build sheet.
Then laminate the original. In a non acidic clear sleeve.

Thanks for posting all the info. That's an cool color for sure. Do you have a build thread or a specific thread on the car?
Thanks for the info and advice, I'll have to do that soon. Don't have a thread for the car yet because initially I was just dailying it and couldn't really afford to do anything interesting with it, so decided to just keep it to troubleshooting threads until I had more financial room to breathe, though I might make one soon depending on how things go. Just got it driving again and want to make sure it's reliable, though I do have some designs in mind for long-term goals that I plan on sharing eventually.

So in this case, an M code/M0 code means it was either a sales bank car, or a special order? And Y33 means it was fleet sales? What could this mean, in this context? It doesn't seem like it was ever taxi or police, and I'm not sure what other fleets there could be other than perhaps rental car companies? What's the common context of M codes?

It does appear to be Y33.

A thread on the car just to detail what you have done to get it running is usually a great way to start a thread.
I have a few cars on here that I picked up and just got them running as a daily. I learn a lot from the locals here on any subject that I put on a thread.

So in this case, an M code/M0 code means it was either a sales bank car, or a special order? And Y33 means it was fleet sales? What could this mean, in this context? It doesn't seem like it was ever taxi or police, and I'm not sure what other fleets there could be other than perhaps rental car companies? What's the common context of M codes?

Y33 indicates fleet sales. It not hard to imagine a low cost (DE) full size car was part of a fleet order for a company. Code N95 tells us it was built for sale in California. There are plenty of oil companies, movie studios, aerospace industries, governmental entities, companies or corporations in California that probably used fleet cars.

Th BS doesn't code Y39 for special order or Y16 for sales bank.

Last edited:
Back