What’s with Michigan?

Lou guzman

Reaction score
I found a car I wanted on Craigslist, non c-body.seller insists that buyer and seller must go IN Person to the Secretary of State office to transfer the title in person. I’m in NY so really not a great option. Is this the case? Scam?

I was just having a go with a FB seller about his not in his name 'Open' title, he's not in my state of Florida so I'd thought I'd check titling rules now here, from Florida DMV:

Applying for Title
This must be done within 30 calendar days to avoid a late transfer penalty fee.

The buyer and seller must both be present and provide photo identification.

I was just having a go with a FB seller about his not in his name 'Open' title, he's not in my state of Florida so I'd thought I'd check titling rules now here, from Florida DMV:

Applying for Title
This must be done within 30 calendar days to avoid a late transfer penalty fee.

The buyer and seller must both be present and provide photo identification.

Both parties need to be present to transfer a title in Florida "if" the vehicle is purchased jointly or if the title is held electronically.
But power of attorney will do for either party.

I found a car I wanted on Craigslist, non c-body.seller insists that buyer and seller must go IN Person to the Secretary of State office to transfer the title in person. I’m in NY so really not a great option. Is this the case? Scam?

Some states maintain that the seller owns the car until buyer makes application for transfer.

Out of state? Buyer damn sure better have bill of sale to go with title. Because title may not serve as bill of sale for all purposes, such as odometer, date for taxes, price......

Back