What are some factory oddities you've encountered with Mopars?

Got a Plymouth horn button on my Dodge; should be a fratzog...

Rear vinyl panel of my white bench seat is randomly blue

20230405_153019.jpg

20230405_153004.jpg

My '66 Coronet 500 snapped a torsion bar right before I picked it up from my brother-in-law, in 1980. He was working as the service manager at a Denver area C-P dealer at the time. The Coronet (a 361 B-engine car) had one correct torsion bar under it on the driver side...and a six-cylinder T-bar on the passenger side! So, he took care of that little factory error!

I had a 1978 NYr Brougham 4 dr ht delivered with no skirts, and Newport wheel opening mldgs installed. Canadian car. Pretty sure it was a case of no skirts available that day on the assembly line.

My 66 Monaco 440 4 speed car was ordered radio delete, but a Chrysler search tuner radio with rear seat speaker and reverb + power antenna package was installed at the dealer before delivery. Holes for the radio shafts were punched right through the delete plate with a hole saw because the shaft spacing for the Chrysler only search tuner was different. The hole for the map light/power antenna switch was also just crudely cut out of the dash and the switch stuffed in there.

As well, the power antenna hole was punched a bit too far back on the top of the quarter, and when the bottom motor housing for the antenna was secured at the bottom in the correct place, the antenna tilted backwards at a jaunty angle!

You can just see it in this pic...

RED DODGE 1.jpg

I have heard of lots of two model trim cars - one side being different than the other.

IN 1979, things were not looking bright for Chrysler. We'd see cars coming off the transport every now and them with Volare' and Aspen trim and badges mixed on the same car.

Back