what is wrong with the forum right now?

70Tom

Reaction score
I am having a hard time posting anything. It's super slow, etc. Something is wrong.

I suddenly found myself redirected to FBBO....... Possibility I did something wrong, being delirious with the flu....

Nonetheless, the experience was akin to showing a cross to a vampire

Why is it always on our end?

a. because that's how the internet works

b. because I spend a lot of time and money to monitor and maintain our servers

c. because when it is on this end, "b" allows me to fix problems quickly so that you guys don't usually notice there even was a problem

It's more likely to be our various isp's as sometimes there may be a large demand for downloads which clog up the internet "pipelines" so to speak.

Classic example was the Adelaide Apple store when I had an issue and was directed to their "download" table to update my software. Started out great with 3 people but as more came the download speed slowed to a trickle and I gave up and went home where the connection was faster.

The only "trouble" I have with the site is when I can't connect- probably Joey takes us offline to update or repair the site.

The other issue is when I try to post more than one message quickly - welcoming new members for example - the software says "you have to wait 15 (or however many) seconds before posting the next message.

Step 1 Check computer
Step 2 Check Isp status (May be a problem)
Step 3 Consider the weather as it can affect wireless communications.
Step 4 Get a beer or soda and be thankful it's not you maintaining the site.

The other issue is when I try to post more than one message quickly - welcoming new members for example - the software says "you have to wait 15 (or however many) seconds before posting the next message.

That's there to stop automated bots from trying to crash the site. (known as a ddos attack)

Back