What is your daily driver?

I have owned a few Boxsters and the only problems were top related. Porsche handled it very well for us. Mine was out of warranty and they covered all the labor. I am a huge Porsche fan. I have a Cayenne S and a 89 Carrera now.
I became disenchanted with Porsche as a result of the way they handled the situation.
They clearly provided preferential treatment for some.
The problem was with the cylinders in that the silicon that was impregnated into the cylinder created pores and if a pore was weak enough - the water jacket and oil passages would be open to each other.

This issue was corrected in manufacturing techniques and Porsche should have recalled all affected engines.

Because Porsche only imported 5000 or less per year back in that time, which falls below the line for the government to force a recall. Couple that with what I see as a blind brand loyalty (many Corvette owners are like this too), the problem was basically swept under the rug.

I also was very disappointed with some of the parts quality. I had to replace a seatbelt latch switch and the part was over $300.

I too had top interlock issues that seemed to be cobbled back to functional, but I attributed that to the dealership.

Not surprised at the bill...you're dealing with this:
View attachment 670701
At the back of the engine. Meanwhile the C bodies have enough room in the engine bay that you could probably sleep in them, not to mention that there's probably just one timing chain at the front of the engine that should it need servicing, isn't an engine-out procedure. 90s toyotas and 60s mopars for me.
Jeez, changing the timing belt on my 2.4L Caravan was a PITA, but looks like a cakewalk compared to this thing! :wideyed:

I've mentioned my DD is a 2021 Jetta SLE. Had a small screw in my passenger side front tire. Took it to America's Tire of Clovis. They fixed it... for no charge! I asked for the price, and he said, "It's always free; all we ask is that when you need tires, you buy them from us." I have done so on many occasions!

I've mentioned my DD is a 2021 Jetta SLE. Had a small screw in my passenger side front tire. Took it to America's Tire of Clovis. They fixed it... for no charge! I asked for the price, and he said, "It's always free; all we ask is that when you need tires, you buy them from us." I have done so on many occasions!
I got tires from the local shop, and he told me the tires they sell, any brand, have a lifetime guarantee. Well hot diggity, that made me feel better.

Back