Wheel valvestems

66furys

Reaction score
When I first changed to 15 inch wheels, I tried some used tires......two of which just threw the tread after about a month of little mileage. So, I ordered some inexpensive tires on the amazon. And, my local small shop installed on my new rally wheels. After about ten months, flat tire due to a cracked valve stem. Today, I find another flat, and another cracked stem. Is it not interesting what we have done to ourselves. I will try the auto shop stems this time, and use them for replace.....and am confident of nothing at this point.

Where did the other valve stems come from? They sell them at napa so you can get your own. Use lube when installing them, and don't pull too,hard.

Or just buy metal stems, those are much better for longevity.

On valve stems, there are about THREE different lengths. Chrysler usually used the short ones, then added valve stem extensions for cars with trim rings or wheel covers. There were long and short extensions, too.

Always ask for "OEM-spec" stuff for many common things, for which there are also look-alikes, too.

CBODY67

Ive had great luck with bolt-in style, and would recommend them for any non-judged car.

Actually, all great points and suggestions. I had new rally rims and the local small shop put all four in with the new tires. Have had now two just crack sitting still, in a year. China. I have ordered short ones from Summit that I hope will be better quality. Will look for Milton, and also consider the bolt on babies.....would like a good day in the fight.

Back