Who said they never made a 1972 Dodge Dart H code?

sauterd

Reaction score
MMC Detroit
November 19
d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg
d6.jpg
d7.jpg
d8.jpg
d9.jpg
We has the pleasure meeting with the owner Cliff Guinand in Chicago this weekend. This car was build at the Windsor Assembly Plant in late 1972 and it is in outstanding condition. This is a true Canadian Gem.

Is this restored or an original survivor?
Restoraton,
Original cars were not painted on the bottom, primer or undercoat only.
Data plate not painted.
I do not believe the ECU was ever in that location.

Alan

Restoraton,
Original cars were not painted on the bottom, primer or undercoat only.
Data plate not painted.
I do not believe the ECU was ever in that location.

Alan

Surely that is a restored car, and yes no effort was made to paint the underside. However, the outside edges of the underbody and floorpans usually got a decent amount of paint by virtue of painters spraying 100% of the rocker panels. That's all I see in the posted photos. Many people do over-restore cars and "make shiney" the whole floor pan, but it does look like the shine fades out to overspray at the center. Windsor was one of the (if not "the") best quality plants that Chrysler had... Then and now.

An interesting car in an era when "performance was dead" . . . except at Chrysler, by observation.

CBODY67

An interesting car in an era when "performance was dead" . . . except at Chrysler, by observation.

CBODY67
I recall the 72 340 “A” & “E” bodies were still pretty strong running cars.
Most guys went for the Demon or Duster bodies being a lighter yet stiffer body.
The dealer story is interesting regarding this car. This kind of car is something an exec would have done.

Back