Will Road Runner bench seat covers fit on a Polara?

polarnj

Reaction score
1969 Polara, need front bench redone, front bench no armrest

Just wondering if the seat covers from a 69-70 Road Runner fit? Would save me from having to re-upholster if I could just get the RR covers put on. The 70 looks pretty close design wise

C-body seats are wider than B-body bench seats. Buckets should be the same, though, I suspect.

CBODY67

Ok thx mine is a bench. I wonder if they can be modified or probably not worth the trouble?

Seat tracks should be closer together, too.

Will be more distance between the seat and front door trim panels. Probably enough to fall into? LOL If you center it so the driver is sitting the same place on the seat in both cars, then the passenger will have that big canyon to deal with.

CBODY67

Seat tracks should be closer together, too.

Will be more distance between the seat and front door trim panels. Probably enough to fall into? LOL If you center it so the driver is sitting the same place on the seat in both cars, then the passenger will have that big canyon to deal with.

CBODY67

I am keeping my existing bench seat, just trying to figure out how to get it recovered

Actually I think the bench dimensions might be the same.
I picked up a bench from a ‘69 Fury coupe that was actually mistaken for a B-body and now have a legit B-body unit so I can compare them. I hadn’t gotten around to it and this is a good excuse to do it.

Actually I think the bench dimensions might be the same.
I picked up a bench from a ‘69 Fury coupe that was actually mistaken for a B-body and now have a legit B-body unit so I can compare them. I hadn’t gotten around to it and this is a good excuse to do it.

I'd be curious to hear the results of that thx !

I'd be curious to hear the results of that thx !
Front bench removed from the ‘69 Fury which has its original and correct upholstery still on it is the same physical size as the known B-body bench that I have for my Road Runner. I’m not saying that the frames are identical in every detail as it would take some more time to get the 2 seats next to each other for further comparison but they’re the same size.

Front bench removed from the ‘69 Fury which has its original and correct upholstery still on it is the same physical size as the known B-body bench that I have for my Road Runner. I’m not saying that the frames are identical in every detail as it would take some more time to get the 2 seats next to each other for further comparison but they’re the same size.

sounds good so far, let me know how it goes. I think the 70 RR bench looks a lot like the one in my car, not exactly the same but pretty close

sounds good so far, let me know how it goes. I think the 70 RR bench looks a lot like the one in my car, not exactly the same but pretty close
I won’t be able to get those 2 next to each other anytime soon. I’m just too swamped with work right now. I just broke out the tape measure to confirm the physical size was the same.

I won’t be able to get those 2 next to each other anytime soon. I’m just too swamped with work right now. I just broke out the tape measure to confirm the physical size was the same.

Ok thx for the help
So if the size is the same I'd assume the covers would fit ?

I will not tell you that definitively B-body seat covers will work without a hitch. Check these dimensions. The pics below are from the B-body seat.
IMG_8515.jpeg
IMG_8516.jpeg
IMG_8517.jpeg

Back