Window regulator repair

66furys

Reaction score
I have gone back a bit on searching the Cbody site, and also on Utube for regulator work. Have found some but would like some more options. I am working on roadkill and would like to repair the basics such as the rollers and guides on the window, and also remove the vent regulator for maintenaince. I think the vent regulator is not a big deal, but would like some better info on just working with the main window guides and regulator. Also some parts suppliers. Anyone have suggestions. thanks

The front channel (plastic covered "mouse furr" with dowels), I believe is in repro. Rollers and such might cross with B/E-body cars, so checking those repro websites might be an option.

CBODY67

Thank you. I checked with Detroit Muscle on their roller kit, they were not sure if crosses to C Body.....but some parts look correct so taking a chance here. Their new roller looks like made to run on a rod, not in a slot....but I have not pulled my panels off yet.....just trying to think about things for the moment. And the price for the beltline weatherstrip.....oh well, another day. Would like to be able to roll up and down for now, since no AC. I finally did find a good video on UT that makes things pretty clear. Mush onward.

Thank you. I checked with Detroit Muscle on their roller kit, they were not sure if crosses to C Body.....but some parts look correct so taking a chance here. Their new roller looks like made to run on a rod, not in a slot....but I have not pulled my panels off yet.....just trying to think about things for the moment. And the price for the beltline weatherstrip.....oh well, another day. Would like to be able to roll up and down for now, since no AC. I finally did find a good video on UT that makes things pretty clear. Mush onward.
How about sharing a link to the video.

Back