WTB: 70-73 Polara or Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad_Louisville

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Guys

I didn't see a pinned post about if WTB's were allowed, if not, please delete. Just excited to find a forum just for the type of car I'm hunting.

After being a GM guy for 20+ years I decided to cross over to Mopar and the big cars are what I've always wanted. Related to that I'm sick of this 2004 Buick and computer parts that break and systems I don't understand unlike the El Camino I just sold that we swapped motor and trans in my driveway. So help me kick the GM habit here and find me something in the $5Kish or less range with the following criteria
---1970-72 Polara or 1970-73 Fury
---If it's a Fury 2 door, but 2 or 4 for the Polara. I don't know why but for some reason I just don't like the 4 door Furies.
---Mechanically sound. Decent body. I have one project as it is. This will be my driver for work (about a 1 mile commute each way).
---I'll probably have to have it shipped so I'd need a cooperative seller.

Not required but I dig brown/copper/bronze colored cars. Green is cool too.

Maybe I like these cars because they were so tied in with police and I'm an LEO(Indiana DOC) but I'm lusting after one B-A-D folks.....

Thanks!
Brad L.

I moved this to Wanted to Buy. Just hang around here, there are CL ads posted daily and I'm sure folks will keep an eye out for what you are looking for.

If you don't already, regularly peruse CL yourself looking for them

The best bet is a craiglist search, like Searchtempest.com. They very rarely show up on ebay.

Hey Guys

I didn't see a pinned post about if WTB's were allowed, if not, please delete. Just excited to find a forum just for the type of car I'm hunting.

After being a GM guy for 20+ years I decided to cross over to Mopar and the big cars are what I've always wanted. Related to that I'm sick of this 2004 Buick and computer parts that break and systems I don't understand unlike the El Camino I just sold that we swapped motor and trans in my driveway. So help me kick the GM habit here and find me something in the $5Kish or less range with the following criteria
---1970-72 Polara or 1970-73 Fury
---If it's a Fury 2 door, but 2 or 4 for the Polara. I don't know why but for some reason I just don't like the 4 door Furies.
---Mechanically sound. Decent body. I have one project as it is. This will be my driver for work (about a 1 mile commute each way).
---I'll probably have to have it shipped so I'd need a cooperative seller.

Not required but I dig brown/copper/bronze colored cars. Green is cool too.

Maybe I like these cars because they were so tied in with police and I'm an LEO(Indiana DOC) but I'm lusting after one B-A-D folks.....

Thanks!
Brad L.

Welcome Brad! A GM guy making the switch to Mopars fabulous C body's....you must have slept in a Holiday Inn last night?

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, I'm constantly on Craigslist but I didn't know about Searchtempest---- I used to use "Search All Craigs" but now it searches EVERYTHING even things that aren't CL.

Just missed out on a blue one in MI, but from the stuff I've seen on here I'm sure one will slide down the pike here soon.

B. LaGrange

That Washington DC Monaco is tempting--- I was hoping for a less fancy level of trim but for the money it seems like you get so much more car.

And to the previous message---- yes, no issues with green cars. I prefer brown/bronze/copper/earwax gold but green is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back