For Sale WVA 1970 Fury III Convertible $900

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Repost from FBBO. Maybe there's a rescuer among us. Price is now $900
This is not mine but the guy lives near me, I happened to drive by and saw it. Yeah I know it's a C body but the guy is just asking $1500 for it and I'm pretty sure he would negotiate. I know nothing about the car except what you see in the pictures and that it's a 318 car and the engine is gone. The floor pans are original, the car is will obviously need a lot of work but if I'm not mistaken, they only made less than 2000 Fury III convertibles that year. If anybody is interested, PM me and I'll give you his number
FOR SALE - 1970 Fury III

587870-fbbad00e0c3328f5d9afb241642083b1.jpg
587871-18327c136ec17671ff2a3ab62a6e4d98.jpg
587872-b2d38117d29c32b6de2f22435ec35b94.jpg
587873-71e17787adc073c1f38be5c08a6f9242.jpg

· I got curious about this car because I also own a 1970 Fury III convertible. So I called and spoke to the owner, David, who’s a real good guy. He’s older and drives straight truck, delivering pipes, to make a living. He’s good to talk to and if you are interested in the car, you can PM me and I’ll PM his phone number do you. Here’s what he said about his car:

· Location: Dunbar WVA, near Charleston. Owned 20 years. The car has not run in that time, but car was in a garage. No motor. Worked on car in buddy’s garage and lost garage space. Face facts: not going to do anything with it

· Title in his name, VIN matches

· Brakes 4 wheel drum and need rebuild. 318 motor is gone. 904 trans ok 20 years ago, but not original. 8.25 axle. AC car, but all AC components including heater box are gone

· Body condition: All the bones are there, and the shell is a good beginning to work on. Floors have pin holes and 1 quarter size hole is biggest, but floors do not need to be replaced. Trunk has 4 inch patches behind each wheel well, patches are riveted in and covered with bondo. Both quarter panels are also patched, (but the pictures of the quarters tell the story there). Doors are good and an extra set of doors comes with the car. He replaced the front clip, which is rust free. Bumpers are straight, front valence is good, rear valence is okay. Missing chrome strip side moldings and wheel well moldings are damaged at rear.

· Wiring is hanging in engine compartment, all body wiring still in place.

· Interior: door panels are there but condition is bad. Backseat is present but needs complete rebuild and recover. 2 Mercedes bucket seats are bolted into the front of the passenger compartment with angle brackets. Original front bench seat is missing.

· Glass: front windshield is not cracked, but may have a small bull’s-eye somewhere. Original driver door glass is missing. He installed glass from a coupe which does not fit properly at the front (wrong height). Passenger side door glass and vent glass and quarter glass both sides are present and good condition.

· Convertible top is vinyl and the plastic back window is cracked. The convertible top is in pretty good condition. Motor operates and lines are okay, but both cylinders need replace.

· Price out the door? $1500obo, but sounds like lots of wiggle room in the price, which may be reason Bill said $900 on FBB0.

I don’t think it’s all that bad.
I mean at potentially $900 - that’s less than a monthly mortgage or apartment rent.
The quarters are going to be the biggest area requiring detailed work and effort on this project. Someone with body experience is better off with this. Someone who has a few engine blocks laying around can perhaps make a 1 of 1 car however they desire. Whatever color, options, engine etc.

If this was my car for $900 - I’d probably install a 383-2, 2.76 gears, and paint it Panther Pink (yes yes I know) or Sunfire Yellow. Off white interior. Install comfy seats other than factory that I enjoyed but from a similar Mopar product from the era. Possibly buckets from a Chrysler. Load it with all kinds of power options, an 8 Track, cruise control... I digress...

Last edited:
I mean at potentially $900 - that’s less than a monthly mortgage or apartment rent.
The quarters are going to be the biggest area requiring detailed work and effort on this project. Someone with body experience is better off with this. Someone who has a few engine blocks laying around can perhaps make a 1 of 1 car however they desire. Whatever color, options, engine etc.

If this was my car for $900 - I’d probably install a 383-2, 2.76 gears, and paint it Panther Pink (yes yes I know) or Sunfire Yellow. Off white interior. Install comfy seats other than factory that I enjoyed but from a similar Mopar product from the era. Possibly buckets from a Chrysler. Load it with all kinds of power options, an 8 Track, cruise control... I digress...
Agree on lots of this, but can't do panther pink. Somehow that color doesn't work for me on a full size car.

Saw a convertible in similar shape three years ago here, but it had a 383 and was running. Sort of. Even that was too much work for my taste, but hopefully somebody is more ambitious and is looking for a rolling chassis.

I will let you do the yellow, I know I know, I'm generous.

Just hoping the car sells to someone who puts it back on the road. 1 of 1952 and body intact is worth saving.

He texted me that he'd sell the car for $750. Car still available if anyone is interested.

He texted me that he'd sell the car for $750. Car still available if anyone is interested.

I'll leave it to someone with greater abilities, but I wonder -- would the owner still have the tag for his car and would he share a pic with us?

I'll leave it to someone with greater abilities, but I wonder -- would the owner still have the tag for his car and would he share a pic with us?

Is all the interior in the car seats trim etc.
Hi 66 & Ayilar
From my 10/4 post:

"Title in his name, VIN matches"
"Interior: door panels are there but condition is bad. Backseat is present but needs complete rebuild and recover. 2 Mercedes bucket seats are bolted into the front of the passenger compartment with angle brackets. Original front bench seat is missing."

This is all I know. If you'd like to call him, PM me and I'll provide his phone #.
I don't really want to keep calling, since I'm not interested in the car. Thanks for your understanding, Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back