1969 Chry. Imperial 2 door CP. 440 HP - $1750

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I like it, even as a crown ;) I like all the features in the LeBaron, but maybe I can add them gradually over the years. I don't realised the bigger rear window, i like that more than the small LeBaron pseudo-convertible window.

Do someone have a list of features which are only available in the LeBaron and/or are not available in the Crown?

Am I right that the 'HP' means, that this is the bigger 375 horse engine?

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any 1969' Imperial coups coming off the line (straight from the factory) with "HP" 375 hp engines. I don't know if that exists (maybe someone else here does know?) Usually Imps of the period got the 350hp variant from the factory. I had a 70' Imp with the 350hp 440, believe me it STILL had enough stones to get that big Imp moving quite nicely.

That is a super-rare Imperial that deserves to be saved. I have never seen a factory 69 Imperial slick top. The only thing I can see missing on the car is the fender skirts.

Looks like a lot of potential to own a nice, very rare car..... I think it needs to be saved.

Here are some scans from the 69 dealer salesmans dealer album for Imperial. Might answer some questions.

69 imperial (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 2 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 4 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 5 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 6 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 7 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 8 (Medium).jpg

69 imperial 3 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Are you serious about this one and is seller willing to ship to you?

Sure, I'm seriuos about that. I wrote the seller that I want it.

I am in the States round about September 24th. I ask him if he would store it until then for a litte fee. When he don't want to store it I will pay a company to pick it up and bring in directly to the Port to ship it.

Sure, I'm seriuos about that. I wrote the seller that I want it.

I am in the States round about September 24th. I ask him if he would store it until then for a litte fee. When he don't want to store it I will pay a company to pick it up and bring in directly to the Port to ship it.
Thats great news. It sounds like the right guy found the right car.
If there is a problem with storage until Sept maybe someone on this site would be close enough and have room to safely store the car for you.

Please keep us abreast of the status and progress on the car....:yaayy:

No offense, but changing this car into some mixture with Crown and LeBaron features is no good idea IMHO, this car is way too rare to do anything else as completely stock. Of course the buyer can still do what he wants, but I'd at least think it over.

No offense, but changing this car into some mixture with Crown and LeBaron features is no good idea IMHO, this car is way too rare to do anything else as completely stock.QUOTE]

Being somewhat of a purest I would agree with you. Owning 1 of 244 is much more appealing the a 1 of 0 modified car.

The important part is that the car won't be cut up, parted or (gasp), derbied now.......!

I'll pick it up for you but it would be going wrong direction from ports but if your really stuck I could be talked into it just to be able to cruise a imp across pa.

I called a few shipping companies today. They all offer a car pick up and transfer directly to the port from where it would sent to Germany for just ~$300. I'm gonna do that. I think it's the easiest way.
I contacted the seller about the payment, because he wrote cash only... If he accept the bank transfer, i will buy it. :)

And, no I will not ruin the car! It was an idea, but you're right. I should keep it in Stock, because stock looks good!

I'll pick it up for you but it would be going wrong direction from ports but if your really stuck I could be talked into it just to be able to cruise a imp across pa.

Thank you for this offer, when worse comes to worse I may come back to your offer ;)

the Imp lives in PA since a longer time. Ich ecked it out more than a year ago. Back then he wanted 2k for the car. He has been to some Mopar shows with it, too. If I remember correctly it had some electrical problems but that could be sorted out. It is very rare as a Crown without v-roof

Carsten

Best of luck to you on this one and do me a favor and let me know if you don't follow through with the deal. I do hope you get it though, it'd save me a chunk of change!

If I remember correctly it had some electrical problems but that could be sorted out.

Thanks for the hint carsten. It would be boring if the car doesn't have a few issues, right? ;)
It's the process of rebuilding it what I like.

Best of luck to you on this one and do me a favor and let me know if you don't follow through with the deal. I do hope you get it though, it'd save me a chunk of change!

Thank's for not trying to bypassing me! ;)
For sure, it's not easy for me to buy a car from Germany.

I let you definitly know if I for some reason don't buy the car!

...and your saving me money also thanks

with pleasure :pink banana: haha :)

Last edited:
This second, he sent me an email in which he told me that he just accept cash...

Now, I have to find a way to pay the man by Cash. Maybe, the 'pick up companies' offering this.

No, I don't have serious problems..! -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back