1969 Chry. Imperial 2 door CP. 440 HP - $1750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, but.........
Has the seller agreed to this arrangement yet?

As I wrote, it is not safe. I have given it in the hands of the shipping company because their agent knows the local conditions better than me.

They will call the seller and clarify the conditions...

Yes, BUT!!!!
Does the seller know this or is he going to get a call out of the blue from some guy he has no idea of who he is?

No no, I told him that I commissioned a company and that this company would call him in my name.

In the meantime, somebody else shows at his door with cash in hand....
Doesn't sound to me like you have a commitment from the seller.
Did he say "YES! The car is yours." ?

Sure, that could happen, but I don't hope so!
I don't have a commitment from the seller, but it's not long ago that I told him that company think...
I can't do anything then hoping that all works well and I get this car!

Last edited:
And he's back...

Bad news.... -_-

The seller told me that the car is sold. A buyer pays cash by fedex... I don't know this option...

I hope the new owner wants not only the engine and trans...

So, the search continues -_-

Bad news.... -_-

The seller told me that the car is sold. A buyer pays cash by fedex... I don't know this option...

I hope the new owner wants not only the engine and trans...

So, the search continues -_-
Well that sucks. Gotta be there first with cash in hand or stay home.

Huge bummer! Very sorry to hear and I too hope it goes to a good home.

I'm sorry you didn't get that one Julian. It just means there's a better one waiting for you. Hopefully the next one will be a clean LeBaron!

After one week of negotiation, that's not decent. The only good thing in this is, that he told me he won't give it away for scrapping... According to his disclosures, the new owner will rebuild it from bumper to bumper.

In two weeks I'm on a 4 week vacation in the US for a roadtrip around florida and New York State. Maybe I find the right car sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign in the window. :sad11:

Don't worry, I went through the same circus trying to buy a 70 Polara Custom HT from a guy out of Michigan. If trying to get hold of him wasn't bad enough, he too was deeply suspicious of "foreign" (I'm from Australia) buyers and after a couple of weeks of negotiation and arranging a means of paying cash, at the point of a virtual agreement someone else walked up and handed over cash for it (it was one of those dream finds IMO, so it had to happen). Bummer. However, the blessing in disguise was a more keen and trusting guy from Florida was happy to deal with me and I ended up with my first choice - a 70 300 HT.

Thanks! That helps me alot... I never says otherwise :/ I can't do anything other than to contact him daily...

I bet someone who noticed this thread and got facts and pics from here bought it; but none of the regular members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back