1969 Chry. Imperial 2 door CP. 440 HP - $1750

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you both. I will be carefull! But as polara71 said, it could be a great chance if nobody else is interested.

AFAIK only the 350 hp variant.

try to be fast.
At that price someone might just buy it for engine/trans and salvage the rest

I sent him a mail and try to call but nobody was answering the whole weekend... I left my number.

I didn't get the context of the highlighted part. What do you think? Does he mean that I can negotiate or does it refer to the interior somehow?

trade.JPG

trade.JPG

I think he is using hyphens where most use periods. I'd assume it to mean he is entertaining trades for the car.

I'm usually very leery of ads like this one, seen too many POS rides that were absolutely misrepresented by the owner, they say its a "cream puff", in reality its a wreck with turtle wax polish slap all over it........a total shot in the dark. Maybe you'll strike gold. Good luck to you.

Thanks for your advises! my hope is that it is one of this golden ones!

But until now the owner doesn't responds to any contact attempt. No Pics, no information, ...

I'll give you more information if I have some :/

The ad already shows it's no serious seller, don't expect too much especially not that he's going to move a finger to get this car even loaded on a trailer at that price. Only chance knock on the door with cash in hand I guess.

I took matters into my own hands and offered him two Grand... and Viola, he answered instantly...

He told me 3 other people called him just to get engine and trans...

Here are some pictures he sent me:
(I asked him for more. I want to see the interior and engine bay.)

It's definitly not rust free...
I noticed some rust on the top fender turning signal and the back of the car, best days of the paint are gone and a big bump on the right front fender. Nothing serious, I think. No Vinyl top, i like that!

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Did somebody know if this is a Crown or a LeBaron?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
That's the low priced Crown with the larger rear window like the Chryslers, and I have to say this turned out to be a better ad than first figured; Vinyl top was only standard with the LeBaron and this is one Crown that was not ordered with vinyl from the factory as it seems which should make it ultra rare with just 244 2dr. hardtop Crowns produced and my guess would be the number of ordered non-vinyl roof cars would be in the two digit range.

Last edited:
The car looks like it has some potential, I like it. It would be a shame to part it.

Indeed. First and foremost its a 69 Imperial Coup. How many of those do you typically come by (that are intact)? It would be a total shame if someone scoops it up only to pull the drive train or worse (derby). I would definitely want to take a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back