65 SF will header fit if I go to a 440

I'll have to check it out and take pics tomorrow. I got an extra crankshaft with the motor which the guy threw in. Casting number on that is 2206160 which is a forged 440/413/426 crankshaft according to the internet mopar sites. I doubt it is already drilled for the 65 mounts. Casting date on the block says 75 but the casting number comes up as a 78 440. The front top of the block is stamped 5T440E then on the front edge of the pad it has 8 12 stamped. It has Speedpro L2355F piston.

those tapped holes are important for that drivers mount bracket . if the crank rings is good like a bell , no cracks . and the cast cranks have a sharp part line from the mold , drop forgedf steel cranks have a larger parting path thats ground down . so ring that crank , just any old wrench will do .

tti only makes the one C body header, for 65-73 year cars, for both B and RB engines. You can buy their B body headers and try putting them in, don't know how it would work. The C body headers fit, I had an issue with the aftermarket idler arm grease zert hitting the tube, but I think it's my car more than anything, as I also had to shim the engine to get it all to work.

But I'm hoping when I swap stub frames it will go together more smoothly. I like their product, even if it is expensive, they were real nice before I installed them and only got a couple small scratches, mostly my fault.

tti only makes the one C body header, for 65-73 year cars, for both B and RB engines. You can buy their B body headers and try putting them in, don't know how it would work. The C body headers fit, I had an issue with the aftermarket idler arm grease zert hitting the tube, but I think it's my car more than anything, as I also had to shim the engine to get it all to work.

But I'm hoping when I swap stub frames it will go together more smoothly. I like their product, even if it is expensive, they were real nice before I installed them and only got a couple small scratches, mostly my fault.
I'm finding seperate listings for 440 and 383. They are listed with different part numbers on the website, but that doesn't mean anything. I would be curious to know if they are indeed different or not.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/Subcategory/ccBigBlock-RB.htm
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/Subcategory/ccBigBlock-B.htm

C6573-440178
C6573-383178

(ps sorry about no updates on Power Wagons; some unforeseen circumstances (the ford blowing up mid road trip- typical, i know :rolleyes:) prevented me from going to the rally as planned)

The two tubular braces with flattened ends and the central brace on the rear of the pump are specific to low deck or high deck. this is a "Raised deck" in the photo.
100_1305.JPG

Conveniently TTI doesn't show any pictures of their headers for the c body on their site. Has anyone looked at the pics of the headers I believe will fit my 65 SF and the other 2 sets and have any input about them?

Conveniently TTI doesn't show any pictures of their headers for the c body on their site. Has anyone looked at the pics of the headers I believe will fit my 65 SF and the other 2 sets and have any input about them?
I have some.on my computer, I'll see if I can get them up for you tonight.

Cool Thanks. I really would love some help with identifying the headers I bought. Heck for all I know they could be small block or even from other body Mopars. Sorry to post pics again.

1006171554.jpg

1006171555.jpg

1006171555a.jpg

hey andy , did you get a b block intake with twin fours for the 383 engine ? thats not a direct bolt on to the rb block 440 . just remembered about that . no high jacking of the thread here , lol .

Hey Andy,
I have a 65 with a 440 4 speed.
The only way you will know if the header fits is try.
I have used a Hooker B body, and a Hedman B body header, which both worked quite well, with very minimal denting.
You just can't tell by looking at the angles of the tubes.

Pretty easy to get your money out of a freshly machined 440 especially is originality is of importance to you. Up to you but let me know as I am working a deal right now and deciding if i want to buy the car for parts/ resale or just to make it a parts car.

Unfortunately I have no idea nor did the seller of the 3 sets of headers I bought at the same time for $150 what they fit. Really would love to know what the other headers fit!

View attachment 147194

View attachment 147195
Top set is for a truck
Bottom set is for a early B Body 65 down.
Those are my best guesses.
How much for bottom pic set?

Last edited:
hey andy , did you get a b block intake with twin fours for the 383 engine ? thats not a direct bolt on to the rb block 440 . just remembered about that . no high jacking of the thread here , lol .

Holy Smokes! That never even crossed my mind. Thanks.. Really I just bought an offy dual quad intake assuming it fit a 383. It might fit a 440. Did they make the intake for both? If so, what part number would each be?

Top set is for a truck
Bottom set is for a early B Body 65 down.
Those are my best guesses.
How much for bottom pic set?

According to the previous post the bottoms might actually fit my car according to his experience so I won't know until I install the motor. I am guessing that the middle set is going to fit the best since they most resemble the TTI headers. PM me what you feel if a fair offer.

Holy Smokes! That never even crossed my mind. Thanks.. Really I just bought an offy dual quad intake assuming it fit a 383. It might fit a 440. Did they make the intake for both? If so, what part number would each be?

According to the previous post the bottoms might actually fit my car according to his experience so I won't know until I install the motor. I am guessing that the middle set is going to fit the best since they most resemble the TTI headers. PM me what you feel if a fair offer.
B block Offy dual quad is 5186. RB is 5206.

I had a minute, went out in the garage and took a picture of the headers that came off my car. Red circles show dents for TB clearance. These are Hedman.
headers.png

So, since the intake is different is the distributor the same or different? I hope that it is the same because I have an MSD system already for the 383. What other differences are we talking about where I have to buy different parts?

Also, Are there adapters available to use the intake I have on the 440? I know other taller deck blocks from other manufactures have this option.

I'm pretty sure the middle picture is the one you will need. The engine sits really far forward on a early B body. See how the passenger side forward tube stretches so far forward on the bottom picture.

Back