65 SF will header fit if I go to a 440

It will go on a RB but it is a pretty crappy intake. The best factory intakes for a B or RB are the smog intakes of the mid 70s. They have the largest plenums and best transitions.

Trying to stay with my initial plans of a dual quad set up. What would be my factory intake options for a dual quad intake? Casting numbers? I am looking on line for after market as well.

How about Intake casting number 2264877 which was a 413 dual quad intake (1959-1960 and 1962)

Last edited:
an rb dizzy can be used in both , just needs the spacer package . sorry b block dizzy only would fit a b block . and i thing there are intake spacers to fit the b intake on a rb . just more places for vac leaks .

an rb dizzy can be used in both , just needs the spacer package . sorry b block dizzy only would fit a b block . and i thing there are intake spacers to fit the b intake on a rb . just more places for vac leaks .

dizzy? I don't follow. the only reason I asked about spacers is because I already bought an offy dual quad intake for my 383. Just grasping at straws hoping for as many solutions as possible. Thanks. :)

dizzy = distributor and andy you have not said if that 440 block as those two driver side mounting bosses tapped above the oil pump on the front face of the block , well ?

Yes, both holes above oil pump on the front of the block are drilled and tapped.

1015172032b_resized.jpg

BTW, will my 130 tooth flywheel work on the 440? I have access to the larger flywheel but my 130 tooth has a 11" clutch on it already. Or, just one more thing to change? Uggg! :(

130 will work, the flywheel is more dependent on the bellhousing than anything else, so as long as you have a bell for the 130 you're golden = and B/RB interchange on bells.

Day late, but here's a pic of a pic of the headers. For a 440, but I'd imagine they should be very similar compared to the 383.

IMG_20171016_163829.jpg

IMG_20171016_163850.jpg

Back