65 Sport Fury 383 with Dual Quads

well opps , heres more twin fours , and holley on twin fours with mine tall spacers to replace the the offy ones for throttle linkage clearance . this set up put the tops of the air cleaners on the hood pad and left impressions with a flat lid on them . early /6 elements with my home home parts . ran this on my 65 880 rag it would do 120 in second gear , then drive would lift the nose as it rocketed down the road going for more , lol . with a tired old 383 lower end added adjustible rockers pushrods cammed it with a mild solid put headers presolite duel point , used some 74-77 rb heads . ran 27''plus tall tires on her on 15x8.5 redone old school torq thrusts . same rims n tires as my 67n 300 rag .

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00961.JPG

DSC00958.JPG

DSC00959.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC00963.JPG

DSC03372.JPG

but i saved the best for last boys , and i do mean boys because it pretty close to everyones dream carbs set up . four side draft italian made webers on a twin inline fours intake . its too cool to hind . but what eye candy appeal , when you pop the hood . lol .
DSC00965.JPG
DSC00978.JPG
DSC00968.JPG
DSC00969.JPG
DSC00964.JPG
DSC00972.JPG
lol .

Amazing Weber setup. Never seen anything like that before. Wow.

i'm hoping my buying stuff could be though , and using is the has been being implemented . or i guess i could sell stuff , and have every low baller in town after me to sell at their level . so be nice and you might make it in the will , lol . i havn't gotten to the race stuff yet , blowers from 4 71's 6 71's 8 71's , vertex magneto's , injections two n four port , american magnesiums rims , even an mw injection set up, champ quick change r/e's , moon fuel tanks , a833 4spd rack . just digging through my autometer gauges storage bins for a tach , water
DSC00804.JPG
DSC01695.JPG
temp , oil pres , vac for this crew cab i'm working on . its got a great running c body eng/trans in it now , with some speed goodies n chrome . there is just a lot of custom type projects i've got stuck in my head , and gathering parts for them , has surplus parts that are so cool . that weber set up was on a weiand blower twin carb top i needed for another hotrod project . and when i pulled those weber adapters of the blower top . i set them on that offy intake , and went , wow thats cool enough to be the start of a cool hotrod look for a plan old b motor . so in the hoard it went , lol .

Last edited:
Have you posted a pic thread of an overview of all your stuff?? It's like a museum I bet!

i'd need to get a helicopter , lol . cars take up lots of square footage , and the rest . well i'd have to centralize all at one local, it would be an under taking on it own , lol . please i need the time to build my dream cars , some aren't so dreamy now , lol . every time i really think about my hoard i come up with another hotrod combo or vintage racer . i'll never stop til death do cart me away , lol .

your a lucky guy.
If I lived closer I could do a video with my quad.

IMG_20170417_214243.jpg

The front parking/turn signal lenses came only in clear plastic for 1965 Fury models. No amber lenses were made. 1965 Fury models were listed as using amber bulbs, 1034A.
I'm not sure, but I think he was referring to his "fog" lights.
It sounds to me like the previous owner of the car not only sold you the car, but a pretty good line of B.S. too. In '65 the 383 4-bbl. was 315 h.p. The rear gear choices were 2.76 or 3.23:1. And unless it has a Chevy rearend in it, it doesn't have "Posi traction" either. The 2 4-bbl. set up could have been dealer installed, if it really ever had one.

The front parking/turn signal lenses came only in clear plastic for 1965 Fury models. No amber lenses were made. 1965 Fury models were listed as using amber bulbs, 1034A.

I was not referring to the directionals. I meant the small lamps mounted to the top of the bumper which were originally the pursuit lights when the car was a FBI car originally. the second owner could not find replacement colored lenses (bulbs) so he just put in clear lenses (bulbs).

The second owner had the rear end completely gone through. No telling if he did a gear swap and an upgrade to a posi but the next time we speak I will discuss the cars history further. The story he has told me thus far sounds pretty far fetched to most folks but with the level of detail in which he gave I tend to give the story some credence until proven otherwise, which is possible given the availability of a copy of the original title and the possibility of contacting the original owners family. Not sure how difficult it will be to verify if he was actually a FBI agent back in the 60's.

Just came across this U tube posting (2 videos) of another claimed 1965 Fury FBI car equipped with the dual quad setup. I see that it has been updated with a serpentine belt drive and modern alternator but it seems as though there is a possibility that the FBI actually ordered these vehicles equipped like this.

looks like all after market speed parts there . these air filters are 80's junk . and those a large mouth afb's , couldn't see the brand carter comps or eddys . either way its not true to the year of the car .

That has twin belts, but regardless, I would have to see some paperwork from the factory that shows that set up was delivered from the factory like that. Not that I don't like dual quads, but what advantage to the FBI would they be?

Just came across this U tube posting (2 videos) of another claimed 1965 Fury FBI car equipped with the dual quad setup. I see that it has been updated with a serpentine belt drive and modern alternator but it seems as though there is a possibility that the FBI actually ordered these vehicles equipped like this.

There's always a "possibility". But the question would be why would they order them? What minuscule advantage, if any, would a 2x4 set up give to and FBI agent that needs basic transportation for investigation and surveillance not pursuit? A /6 would be more practical and cost effective.

I see your points. I have just purchased a Offenhauser dual quad intake and already have a set of twin Holley's off of a tunnel ram dual quad setup I ran on my 70 Camaro with a 400 SBC so I am going to take it back to as close as what I have been told is original. Problem is I have absolutely no idea as to what period correct air cleaner assembly would have been used for this setup. Any suggestions??

I see your points. I have just purchased a Offenhauser dual quad intake and already have a set of twin Holley's off of a tunnel ram dual quad setup I ran on my 70 Camaro with a 400 SBC so I am going to take it back to as close as what I have been told is original. Problem is I have absolutely no idea as to what period correct air cleaner assembly would have been used for this setup. Any suggestions??

In 1962, Chrysler offered both a Dodge and a Plymouth with a 383 engine and two four-barrel carburetors. The engine also sported a Clay Smith solid lifter cam. The carbs were AFBs and the air cleaners were oval shaped. I think one of those cars took the Stock Eliminator title in either '62 or '63. Very cool setup. I don't think this package was ever offered again after 1962.

Here is picture of a Plymouth equipped with that 383 / 343 HP engine:

dscf2281-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Back