65 Sport Fury 383 with Dual Quads

Had a friend in the '80s who was a former FBI Agent. He bought a '57 Fairlane barbecue it reminded him of his FBI car. He did say, "Although mine had dual fours." So, perhaps they did go for that.

But Ford did offer a 312 with two 4bbls in '57. I don't think we've seen any evidence that Chrysler did on a 65 383.

But Ford did offer a 312 with two 4bbls in '57. I don't think we've seen any evidence that Chrysler did on a 65 383.
I wasn't arguing that; I was responding to someone who asked if the FBI would have been interested in 2 4s.

I wasn't arguing that; I was responding to someone who asked if the FBI would have been interested in 2 4s.

And I was just pointing out the 8V, in Ford terms, was available to anyone, even if they happen to be FBI.
Thi jist of this thread was the allegation that the car in question was not available to the public and "special ordered" by the FBI.

The first is totally plausible.
The second is questionable without documentation.

Are your Holley 450's tunnel ram carbs? I have seen quite a few of those with 450's, 660's also but those would be overkill

2016-11-25 18.00.26-1.jpg
My 450's are for a tunnel ram application. I was running them on my 409 SBC in my 70 Camaro with a Weiand Tunnel Ram but decided to put that engine in my 94 S10. Selling the 70 Camaro with a newly built 355 and original drive train available. The carbs ran excellent on the 409 (not a early 60's type 409, a 400 bored .040 over.) The set up was on a Corvette 350 before that but the guy didn't like the fuel mileage. I figure if you have something like the cars we have fuel mileage is your last concern.

overkill , well ran them on my 65 880 rag's 383 auto 276 or 291 r/e (?) to the tune of 6k in every gear but drive , ran fine according to the plug color with a prestolite dual point dizzy and headers . she would do 120 in second at , yes 6k . there off my weiand tunnel ram for my other 383 + .06 over bored , full race ported iron heads and tall c/r , that i went larger carbs on that . maybe over kill on a stock 383 cam . those 450's should be okay on a stocker . my next set up would have been a 450 and a 390 . more throttle responsive down in the lower rpm range , but the top end would have suffered . and i ran some ford 406 holleys , 500cfm tri carbs on a 383 6 pck intake . but the twin 660 four ran further into the rpm and higher on top speed as well . its heads and cam not cubic inches so much . and stock heads go along ways on a 383 , same casting as the 413 426 440 wedges . just valve size .

I think that car in the youtube vids belongs to someone here now. I recall those cutout pieces of quarter panel.
Travis..

Back