For Sale Demolition derby candidate Imperial coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was my yellow 73 with sun roof, owned for 33 years bought in 79 sold here to Ross and he sold to member in Israel and as far as I know its up and running after an engine overhaul now. Thanks Peter for checking this one out when you get time. Yes I should never have let mine go!

Did somebody here own a yellow coupe with sunroof and ABS? I had one too, sold it around 2005 ish to a guy in Colorado...
So there were at least two yellow with sun roof and white high back buckets There is a brown coupe with out sunroof and brown high back buckets in Cal. at 3K on E bay right now! Plus a very nice 74 black coupe with St Regis roof at about 3K next in line. How long did you own your 73 any pictures?

So there were at least two yellow with sun roof and white high back buckets There is a brown coupe with out sunroof and brown high back buckets in Cal. at 3K on E bay right now! Plus a very nice 74 black coupe with St Regis roof at about 3K next in line. How long did you own your 73 any pictures?
The guy that owns it is a member here, lives in Israel and his name is Hemi, I'm not making that up...
Should be plenty of pics if you do the right searches.

This one came from Minnesota if I recall correctly, supposedly ordered by a Chrysler Zone rep since new. Came with 3 Motorwheel Spyder rims that had also been mounted since new. (one stolen in storage) This is definitely a car I regret selling... went to a Dodge dealer in Colorado as part of a package deal with a '74 sunroof coupe.

ylwsunroof2.jpg

Yes that's a twin to mine owned by member Hemi in Israel now as Detmatt stated. You can see pictures of it when I sold it to Ross and when he owned it in their personal profiles here. Wonder if there were any more produced like ours? thanks for sharing!

I

its all good Carmine; did Lynn Townsend correct '69 mistake with TWO MODEL YEARS of superior styling or was '69 a ONE and DONE Masterpiece ?!

For me, I will put it this way. I own 3 1971 Imperial coupes, one a sunroof car, and also own one 1969 Imperial coupe. I love them all but overall, to me at least, the 1969 is a clear winner in the styling department (a masterpiece) but the 71s are better cars. The 69's grille is pure class, the cornering light gills are a perfect touch, and the tail lights are clean and simple. But the 71s aren't far behind. Many times the first version of a model is the best in terms of styling, but not always.

For example, when the 1969 - 71 Chrysler 300s came out, I thought the 69s were perfect until I saw the 1970 model's improved rear styling, and then over time my view of the overall styling of the 300s has ended up with me liking the 1971 models the best. While the interesing and very beautiful grilles in the 1969 and 1970 models were superb, I found over time the front of the 71 model has turned out to be my favorite (and the car overall) due to its clean simplicity.

Well stated, saforwardlook- to me the '69 Grille is too 'chevy caprice'; not Imperial-Level Luxe. I also prefer Side molding lower on Fuselage 19.5' profile. The '70 300 front and especially rear styling is simply killer!

I

its all good Carmine; did Lynn Townsend correct '69 mistake with TWO MODEL YEARS of superior styling or was '69 a ONE and DONE Masterpiece ?!

I'll just say that Lynn Townsend is one of the last people I'd cite in any argument. :)

Well stated, saforwardlook- to me the '69 Grille is too 'chevy caprice'; not Imperial-Level Luxe. I also prefer Side molding lower on Fuselage 19.5' profile. The '70 300 front and especially rear styling is simply killer!

I dunno. It seems to me the 1970 and 1971 Imperials also could be said to resemble the 1968 Chevrolet Caprice grilles (even though the Imperial grille is diecast and this one is stamped aluminum):

tumblr_ms8xbnx7Bz1r1c99io1_1280.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

ecbb4955b6646f8fbef677fab0d88bc9.jpg

And yes, the 69 Imperial grille does resemble the 1969 Chevrolet Caprice grille, but I still prefer it and feel it looks more classy:

26447.jpg

john-mullers-1969-imperial-lebaron-1.jpg

I dunno. It seems to me the 1970 and 1971 Imperials also could be said to resemble the 1968 Chevrolet Caprice grilles (even though the Imperial grille is diecast and this one is stamped aluminum):

View attachment 127122

View attachment 127123

View attachment 127124

And yes, the 69 Imperial grille does resemble the 1969 Chevrolet Caprice grille, but I still prefer it and feel it looks more classy:

View attachment 127125

View attachment 127126

Or it could be said that intricate, full-width, hidden-headlight grilles were very in-fashion across the industry during this golden era.

linc1970coupebluev2.jpg

mercury-marauder-1970-10.jpg

1967-1969-cadillac-eldorado-2.jpg.jpg

1966_black_Buick_Riviera_GS_front.jpg

For me, I will put it this way. I own 3 1971 Imperial coupes, one a sunroof car, and also own one 1969 Imperial coupe. I love them all but overall, to me at least, the 1969 is a clear winner in the styling department (a masterpiece) but the 71s are better cars. The 69's grille is pure class, the cornering light gills are a perfect touch, and the tail lights are clean and simple. But the 71s aren't far behind. Many times the first version of a model is the best in terms of styling, but not always.

For example, when the 1969 - 71 Chrysler 300s came out, I thought the 69s were perfect until I saw the 1970 model's improved rear styling, and then over time my view of the overall styling of the 300s has ended up with me liking the 1971 models the best. While the interesing and very beautiful grilles in the 1969 and 1970 models were superb, I found over time the front of the 71 model has turned out to be my favorite (and the car overall) due to its clean simplicity.

Way back around 81 I found a 71 Imp coupe with sunroof and purple pasely vinyl top down in a junk yard in Atlanta. I despertly wanted to save it but to no avail!! How rare was that!!

Peter. Did you manage to look over this 73 Coupe yet? Is it still for sale? Thanks again!!

Way back around 81 I found a 71 Imp coupe with sunroof and purple pasely vinyl top down in a junk yard in Atlanta. I despertly wanted to save it but to no avail!! How rare was that!!

Very! I've never seen the paisley top on a coupe, let alone a sunroof! BTW, those were supposed to be maroon, but they faded to purple. :(

Ive never seen another one like it either. As I remember it had light purple flowers in a swirl pattern on a darker purple background, Is that paisley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back