MLB 2014 Season - any other Baseball fans out there ?

Having played baseball through college, I absolutely love the game. No clock and the defense holds the ball and there are many "games within the game". I'm a home town guy so I gotta believe this is the year for the Dodgers! Having suffered through the McCort era, it's nice to see we've got ownership that is interested in putting a first rate team on the field. It's comforting to hear the immortal word of Vin Scully, "It's time for Dodger Baseball!" Although I'm a Dodger fan, the absolute best place to see a game is Wrigley Field.

Matt! I woulda sworn I saw you in the 3rd row behind home plate at Comerica Park yesterday. Beer in one hand, dawg in the other grinnin' from ear to ear.
I wish Jer! I've been working a lot lately...

Wrigley is a great field to watch the cubs lose!!!!

The only game more boring than football in the US. Though I do don a Yankees cap from time to time.

Anyone know who my avatar is?

Hint its not an actual player

smokey-joe-grant.jpg

Last edited:
good guess actually .. I was hoping Stan would recognize this gentleman ........... yeaooooow

Twins season ticket holder here. Probably another losing season in what is arguably the greatest (new era) ballpark in the majors, Target Field! I'll probably be selling my All-Star ticket strips to fund my season tix. Also a longtime Cubbies fan. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Well the Cards won their season opener at Great American Ballpark against Cincy and won their own home opener last night at Busch III.

Way to go boys with the Birds on the Bat

Go Cards !!

How are your teams faring so far?

In case you all aren't paying attention, the Tigers are 18 and 9....

Holy Crap .. that's pretty awesome. I had been planning to post up standings and hadn't really looked at the AL so far

Back