MLB 2014 Season - any other Baseball fans out there ?

tallhair

Rufus T. Firefly
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting up the 1st annual FCBO Baseball thread for those that follow hard ball. I'm a lifelong STL Cardinals fan so I'll be supporting the boys with the Birds on the Bat and rooting them on to hopefully another great season and with luck, continued postseason success.

I look forward to any discussion and friendly rivalry. Good luck to you and your teams and here's hoping for a healthy season for all our teams. Please root for and share anything you'd like about your team, ballpark, team history, up and coming prospects .. whatever you like about your hometown or boyhood favorites or stadium etc.

May the best team win .. today is opening day !!!!!!

opening-day.jpg

The Cards home opener will be next Monday and I'm thinking about trying to go but we'll see
smile.png

There's a lot for Cardinals fans to be excited about like seeing more of our young players and looking forward to the seeing first hand the new Ball Park Village that has just opened and getting down to the new Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum that will be there.

4.jpg

Post up anything you want about your team

Last edited:
Cool thread! I have found myself rooting for your Cardinals in the playoffs the past few years. My team, the Cleveland Indians, have always found ways to let me down throughout my whole lifetime! Much like my Browns and Cavaliers... So usually when the playoffs come around and my teams are sitting on their couches right along with me I tend to cheer for the underdogs or the teams that aren't constantly winning, like the Yankees ha ha! I do look forward to the season with the same cautious optimism as I have every year at opening day. I just know that come October I'll be saying "Aw hell... we'll get em next year.....!"
Good luck to your Birds! And Go Indians, and take the Browns with ya...

When I retire, I plan on taking the wife and camper and going to watch a game in every major league stadium.

When I retire, I plan on taking the wife and camper and going to watch a game in every major league stadium.

Very cool plan good luck and enjoy. I know I would

Philly........ I hate the Cardinals.... San Francisco and the Yankees...

Not surprised. Anything to do with 2011 or deep seated hatred from your childhood?

Cool thread! I have found myself rooting for your Cardinals in the playoffs the past few years. My team, the Cleveland Indians, have always found ways to let me down throughout my whole lifetime! Much like my Browns and Cavaliers... So usually when the playoffs come around and my teams are sitting on their couches right along with me I tend to cheer for the underdogs or the teams that aren't constantly winning, like the Yankees ha ha! I do look forward to the season with the same cautious optimism as I have every year at opening day. I just know that come October I'll be saying "Aw hell... we'll get em next year.....!"
Good luck to your Birds! And Go Indians, and take the Browns with ya...

Thanks man and your Indians had a better run last year didn't they? Good luck to you and the Indians

Not surprised. Anything to do with 2011 or deep seated hatred from your childhood?

Both.......They definately werent the best team in 11' and being in the East division for all those years I learned quick not to like the Cards

Brewers won!!!!!!!

Congrats Jake !

Cards won too

Waino wins 1st season opener and 100 Career V as a Cardinal

Yadi Homers for the only run of the game

Cards allow Reds 3 extra outs

Bullpen was nasty

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah the Indians did "OK" last year considering new management and "rebuilding" and all. They did well at the start and then kinda faltered out. Hoping this year will be better!

images

boston_red_sox.jpg

PapiFlag.jpg

I LOVE the RED SOX !!!!!!!!! :eek:s_dancing2::yaayy::yaayy::sSig_goodjob::hatwave::eek:s_dancing2:

So crucify me. Born 15 blocks from old Yankee Stadium and saw my first game there at the age of 5 in 1959. Lots of greats were playing back then. My first NFL game was in October 1964 between Green Bay and Baltimore, at Memorial Stadium, with more greats in that game. Yes, the Colts won and when Irsay became an idiot I went over to the 49ers. I just don't understand what people have against the Yankees and 49ers...:eek:s_dancing2:

Oh, I don't expect much from the Yankees this year. Time for them to rebuild their team.

3166_1931-new-york-yankees-scrubs_large.jpg

I should be a Jays fan like my Brother but.........I watched baseball with Grandpa and grandpa used to go with Great Grandpa across the ambassador bridge to see the game once and a while!

Detroit-Tigers.jpg

Detroit-Tigers.jpg

Tiger's came out on top today and man was it good to hear it on the radio while I was working. Beautiful weather too!
Go get 'em Tigers!!

I will root for any team that plays against the Dodgers. Last night`s Brian Wilson meltdown was epic. He has not looked that bad since he was blowing it in the 9th inning for the Giants.

OH.........Diehard San Francisco Giants fan here!!!!

Back