New guy!

mlrjr

Reaction score
Hello All!
I am a newbie here. I am a car guy but this is my first Wagon.
I am looking for a drivers window glass in case we break this one changing out motor and regulator. Any idea where I might find one? I have been searching the interwebs with no luck so far.

IMG_3593.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

Welcome! Interesting car!

Might have to visit some salvage yards with cars like yours in them. You can head over to www.MyMopar.com and download factory service manuals and parts books. There are a few "different things" about Chrysler sedan windows in those particular model years.

Then, as to data plate decoding, much is explained in the front "Information" section of the parts books. As to options, option codes, and pairings, head over to the "Library" section at
www.hamtramck-historical.com . Follow the prompts to your model year and such.

Welcome aboard!
CBODY67

Welcome! Interesting car!

Might have to visit some salvage yards with cars like yours in them. You can head over to www.MyMopar.com and download factory service manuals and parts books. There are a few "different things" about Chrysler sedan windows in those particular model years.

Then, as to data plate decoding, much is explained in the front "Information" section of the parts books. As to options, option codes, and pairings, head over to the "Library" section at
www.hamtramck-historical.com . Follow the prompts to your model year and such.

Welcome aboard!
CBODY67
Thanks for the info!!!!

Welcome, cool car. No reason the glass should break, just be careful when working in there.

Just curious why you think you might bust the glass? Depending on the issue that you are having, there is no reason to take out the window glass or the regulator if you are just going to replace or repair the PW motor. Just type in Power Window in the Search box on the top right of the page and you will see about a hundred articles on how to remove, repair, and reinstall the PW motors. It is not hard, but you MUST make sure that the regulator arm is clamped, or bolted in place before you put your hands in there to remove that motor! Big John has many fine articles on this, as do others. Cam Shaft

Just curious why you think you might bust the glass? Depending on the issue that you are having, there is no reason to take out the window glass or the regulator if you are just going to replace or repair the PW motor. Just type in Power Window in the Search box on the top right of the page and you will see about a hundred articles on how to remove, repair, and reinstall the PW motors. It is not hard, but you MUST make sure that the regulator arm is clamped, or bolted in place before you put your hands in there to remove that motor! Big John has many fine articles on this, as do others. Cam Shaft
Agreed. The window is bolted to the metal track……but in my car there is about a half gallon of glue along with the bolts! I am just planning ahead. It’s gonna be tough to get that window loose without breaking the glass.

Hello All!
I am a newbie here. I am a car guy but this is my first Wagon.
I am looking for a drivers window glass in case we break this one changing out motor and regulator. Any idea where I might find one? I have been searching the interwebs with no luck so far.

View attachment 665651
Welcome to the site. That's a cool wagon with lots of character. Be careful for sure but if you do need some glass, post your needs in a Parts wanted thread. There is a good chance someone here will have parts for you.

I’m from Mobile.. welcome to best site for all you’ll ever need for your wagon..

Tell us more about the wagon. How long had it, where’d you get it? What’s the backstory?

I’m from Mobile.. welcome to best site for all you’ll ever need for your wagon..

Tell us more about the wagon. How long had it, where’d you get it? What’s the backstory?
I have only had it a few months. I bought it from a collector in Naples FL. He got it from a guy in TX that used it to deliver his custom made vintage dragsters. It has a 440 with a 727 with a trans cooler and posi. He bought it from Classic Car Studio. They are a high dollar rod builder. They used it as a parts delivery car. I have transformed it to a beach wagon. Interior has been done. Needs Bluetooth radio and speakers. Will probably also do with American Racing Salt Flat wheels in gray.

IMG_3237.jpeg

Back