Stormer's 73 Imperial Build

You'll shatter a piston withing 30 days.
Zero chance of that happening. Way too many safety measures in place & the engine is built to handle a big shot.

How many stages and how big of a shot of juice are you planning on?
I'm gonna start with 200 on a plate & once I get that dialed in real good I'll have the intake plumbed for direct port. Just a single stage even on the DP setup. I'm only planning to run a 10 flat so it shouldn't take much more than a 300 shot.

The 6.1 in the photo is 100% N/A though & will remain so.

IF and when you hit 10.0, you'll just HAVE to hit 9.99 and that's when I'll be serving your piston to you on a platter . Enjoy the oil gravy.

Are you going to dial it in or do you have someone you trust?

I'll be doing it myself with a lot of help from experts. I'll data log & send the logs to a tuner. Even with a computer though the best way to dial in the nitrous/fuel mixture is to pull plugs after each pass. I'm measuring air fuel ratio with a wide band O2 but you still need to pull plugs.

I'm fairly new here and find myself confused a bit on this thread....so I have some questions:

1) I see that you bought that badly rusted red Imperial coupe from Ebay (Florida I believe is where I saw it). Did he sell for a reasonable price eventually? Is it the subject of the build or merely parts? I hope the yellow Imperial is not to be chopped up as it looks very nice indeed.

2) Is the vision for the red Imperial the black lowrider thing? Or is this car supposed to be optimized for quarter mile? The two are almost mutually exclusive (Low rider = numerous suspension mods to create the low look and mega weight in the trunk for all the compressors/ tanks/ valves to make the car tilt all over Versus Quarter mile = suspension mods optimized to weight transfer and transmission of mega power to ground whithout losing traction). Low riders are normally slow and quarter mile cars fast... I can't see a car bridging that gap and doing either job well. Curious is all.

3) The Yellow Imperial has Road wheels on it which means that along the line the Imperial 5x5 bolt spacing was ditched in favour of the 5x4.5 Chrysler bolt circle. The rear is easy with the 8 3/4 diff, just swap Imperial axles for Chrysler axles...but how was the front done? I thought the Imperial bearings were just different enough to prevent a simple swap to Chrysler rotors. I'm curious as to how it was done. I love the look of the road wheels on the 73 Imperial, it was the only thing that bugged me about the 73 Imperial I had years ago.

4) As I recall the Red 73 was advertised with a freshly rebuilt 440, and I see a lot of 6.1 litre heemi stuff. Was the engine as advertised or was it junk? Again confused as to why you'd replace a good 440...

I... find myself confused a bit on this thread
Again confused as to why you'd replace a good 440...
Because he's Ross. No further explanation needed.
I'm totally lost on what he's doing with what so don't feel bad.
And I'm sure everybody else is.

headless-chickens.jpg

I think Ross is a similar to most of us...you kind of have a vision of where you want to end up...but the route can change easily enough. And sometimes we end up nowhere near where we thought we would.

Guess I'm pretty one tracked. I go the original way, which actually is rather unoriginal. :)
I don't know about the US, but over here it seems that 75 % of these models that crowded the streets in the past get altered especially with upgraded engines of the same origin but often from newer modelyears with f.i. or multiple carbs, at least the ones that are documented in forums. Don't care a lot about what others do to their property but it hurts a bit when it's done to another low mileage all original one or two owner car as is often the case.

Last edited:
I HAVE to focus on one repair at a time. I can't even have the front and rear brakes apart at the same time. It's a curse....

I gather up parts for several different repairs at a time. But I only tear apart and repair one targeted repair at a time. I have a few repairs stacked up right now waiting on the weather to warm a little. Ya, I'm a p*ssy now.

I'm fairly new here and find myself confused a bit on this thread....so I have some questions:

1) I see that you bought that badly rusted red Imperial coupe from Ebay. I hope the yellow Imperial is not to be chopped up as it looks very nice indeed.

2) Is the vision for the red Imperial the black lowrider thing? Or is this car supposed to be optimized for quarter mile? The two are almost mutually exclusive (Low rider = numerous suspension mods to create the low look and mega weight in the trunk for all the compressors/ tanks/ valves to make the car tilt all over Versus Quarter mile = suspension mods optimized to weight transfer and transmission of mega power to ground whithout losing traction). Low riders are normally slow and quarter mile cars fast... I can't see a car bridging that gap and doing either job well. Curious is all.

3) The Yellow Imperial has Road wheels on it which means that along the line the Imperial 5x5 bolt spacing was ditched in favour of the 5x4.5 Chrysler bolt circle.

4) As I recall the Red 73 was advertised with a freshly rebuilt 440, and I see a lot of 6.1 litre heemi stuff. Was the engine as advertised or was it junk? Again confused as to why you'd replace a good 440...

1. When I decided that I wanted an Imperial, I bought the first one I could get my hands on. No regrets whatsoever. The owner was a super cool guy & the road trip was a blast. The car is in really rough shape but my plan is to bring her back from the dead.

2. The burnished red car that I just bought from Canada is gonna be the black low rider thing. The drag racing refers to an 09 Challenger with a 6.1 based 426. By the way, it is lowered.

3. Glenn converted the bolt pattern with some sort of adapters. I haven't even had a wheel off since the car is just sitting in winter storage.

4. The red car did have a freshly rebuilt engine & it runs great. I'm hoping that it ends up in Zac's bluesmobile. The burnished red (soon to be black) car will get the brand new 6.1L. As for the why, because that's what I want. No other reason.

Because he's Ross. No further explanation needed.
I'm totally lost on what he's doing with what so don't feel bad.
And I'm sure everybody else
I just explained it to you in detail three days ago. You seem to have very low comprehension. I have never strayed from my original vision. The only reason that the yellow car didn't get pimped is out of respect for Glenn. I wish I would have just picked up the car & not hung out with Glenn & his two buddies for half a day.

I think Ross is a similar to most of us...you kind of have a vision of where you want to end up...but the route can change easily enough. And sometimes we end up nowhere near where we thought we would.
Thank you for your glimmer of reasonability in a seemingly black hole.

Ross, I can see your vision for the Imps. I wish I had the space to do 4 cars at once. I know from your posts that the Challenger will done first and on the track this summer. What is the timeline and priority for completing the Imps? The yellow one is done except for detailing right?

1. I bought the first one I could get my hands on. The car is in really rough shape but my plan is to bring her back from the dead. Check

2. The burnished red car that I just bought from Canada is gonna be the black low rider thing. Check
2a. The drag racing refers to an 09 Challenger with a 6.1 based 426. By the way, it is lowered. Check

3. Glenn converted the bolt pattern with some sort of adapters. I haven't even had a wheel off since the car is just sitting in winter storage. Check

4. The red car... will get the brand new 6.1L. Check

I just explained it to you in detail three days ago. Check
You seem to have very low comprehension. Check
I have never strayed from my original vision. And Check

OK. I got it now. Like I said in another thread, I can only focus on one thing at a time, so I totally lost track on what you are doing. Ditto with Mark. I haven't a clue what he's looking for. LMAO

Now do me a favor.
Which one is this:
2n8of0x.jpg

and which one is this:
2u3zm1h.jpg

And this one:
21mcbuq.jpg

Did I leave any out?????????????????

Last edited:
Ross, I can see your vision for the Imps. I wish I had the space to do 4 cars at once. I know from your posts that the Challenger will done first and on the track this summer. What is the timeline and priority for completing the Imps? The yellow one is done except for detailing right?
The yellow car is gonna have to go. I'm afraid that I won't drive it.

The burnished red car will take a year or two & the red car, who knows.....

OK. I got it now. Like I said in another thread, I can only focus on one thing at a time, so I totally lost track on what you are doing. Ditto with Mark. I haven't a clue what he's looking for. LMAO
:laughing4:

Does the yellow Imp sunroof work correctly and does it leak?
It needs a little help by hand getting started & it needs a little help closing the last 1/2". It does not leak that I know of but I've never had the car in the rain.

And yes, Stan, you left one out. The burnished red car from Canada.

And yes I am still looking for a parts car & will buy the first 4 door Imp with good fenders & window trim that I find for under 2 grand. Hopefully I'll find one near someone I trust who wants a 440 & will ship me the stuff I want & keep the big stinking carcass for themselves. It almost worked out with Zac.

I would have purchased the above pictured car had it not turned out to be a nearly useless POS.

I have yet to change my mind about anything. You keep changing your mind about what you think I want.

Back