1957 Imperial

Figgy

Reaction score
I spotted this beautiful Imperial a miele while back. The paint had been re-done with extra metal flake and was gorgeous. Rare, and even rarer in country Australia

20240630_130127.jpg

20240630_130043.jpg

Is the Australian market subject to the body changes that Canada had? The roof looks nothing like a car sold stateside that I've seen.

Is the Australian market subject to the body changes that Canada had? The roof looks nothing like a car sold stateside that I've seen.
Justin I don't know enough about it. I'm pretty sure that it was a later import, not sold new here. I'm fairly certain that Imperials were never imported new here (I say that and wait for someone to smash me with a fact).

To me, the part that seems unusual is that it is a 6-Window 4dr sedan rather than a 4dr hardtop. That might explain the differences in the top.

I suspect that back then, as in later times, only one plant built Imperials. Might be interesting to contact the owner and check the vehicle's history and when it went down there.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

1957 had single headlights, 1958 got dual headlights, typically. At least for USA-spec vehicles.

Brochures at www.eatondetroitspring.com. Input the vehicle details into the menu, then the upper tool bar that results on the next page has an "ICON" at the far right end, click on that for the particular vehicle brochure.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

JC Whirney also had "conversion kits" to add to 1957 cars to make them look like the "more modern" 1958s with 4 headlights. Because some of the 1958s also changed the fender contours slightly to account for the added width, these kits didn't have the "made that way" look the 1958 4-light cars had.

Back