For Sale 1958 Dodge Custom Royal 37,000 mile ORIGINAL - $17500 (Denville NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970cat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5029083328.html
00Y0Y_8wS4q5CVhXY_600x450.jpg

1958 Dodge Custom Royal Sedan. These forward look Chrysler products of the late 1950's had an abysmal survival rate, making nice originals hard to find today. This is the second year for the "Swept-Wing" Dodge and, in the opinion of many, the nicest of the series. I purchased it from an acquaintance who bought it from the original purchasing family. It is a "Spring Edition" with slightly different trim than the earlier 1958 models. I have enjoyed doing some minor reconditioning on this beauty and am now offering it for sale. The car is titled, registered and insured in my name, has been completely serviced and can be driven anywhere at brisk speeds with confidence. This car is an absolute joy to drive! 1958 was the first year for the Big Block "wedge" engine. In this series it displaces 350 cubic inches, has high compression, four barrel carburetor and dual exhaust. It is very powerful and the push button TorqueFlite transmission shifts as a strong one should. The car is very responsive to the throttle and begs to be pushed further! The steering is nice and tight and the brake pedal is smooth and high. The car handles like it weighs virtually nothing. It corners very well with it's torsion bar suspension and there are no annoyances or shimmies. The correct width radial whitewall tires are brand new. The tube-driven factory AM radio sounds great and the heater is nice and toasty. The lights, horn, wipers, signals and gauges are in working order. The manual windows, seat and locks all function smoothly. Most of the paint is original and the car looks great. Upon closer inspection the finish is wearing thin most notably on the hood and fender tops. She has never been wrecked and, best of all, the vehicle is rot free. This is the old car you will want to drive every day! For further details please call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back