SOLD 1965 Sport Fury Ragtop BB 4 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car was originally a red interior. That's why the red dash. Currently the car is booked in for a new black paint job in spring. And, since I own an upholstery shop, the interior is in the works for this winter. All back to red. Carpet and all starting in December. All, of course, depending on if it sells or not before then.
The paint served it's purpose for the last two years and I'm ready for it to be black again. I'm a bit protective over the car because it was done in memory of my daughter who passed away in a car accident 2 years ago, so it has been my therapy. When I sprayed it the first time, the pearl went funky and turned this color. She loved it but it wasn't what I wanted so I did it over. Then when she passed, I reproduced it. That's why this color. And the last time we ever rode together was in this car.
So there's a bit of history and perhaps why it is maybe worth more to me than others. So if you disagree, no problem. We will have to agree to disagree. :angry9:

Nice car, and sorry for your loss. My advise on selling is pick the price you want and leave it there. I am new here as well and there is huge knowledge available here. Want to stir it up? Tell everyone you're putting a 350 in it!

Lol I was going to throw in the "turbocharger" word the stir the pot a bit. But I'm trying to be nice and fit in.

Very nice looking car. Assuming it came from the factory as a BB 4spd ragtop it would need to be a #1 car to get anywhere near the $ you are asking. My .02.

Nice car. Rwc is right. If you think you can get a price for it, stick by your guns. You might find someone with bucks who appreciates it at that price. But you likely won't have the money free for your new project for a while. Welcome to the forum.

I usually stick to my guns pretty close. But living in Manitoba where a "firm" price means the same as "best offer" I anticipated the haggling. And that's ok. I'm accustomed to it. But if it doesn't sell, well, I've had a lot of fun with it for the last 11 years and that will just continue.
And yes, Fratzog, it is all original powertrain. Came with it, still has it.

Interesting tho, that a 1965 Fury III convert 426 4speed bench went for 76000 at Barrett. I know that's an over inflated price, but maybe it's the trend. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Interesting tho, that a 1965 Fury III convert 426 4speed bench went for 76000 at Barrett. I know that's an over inflated price, but maybe it's the trend. Fingers crossed for all of us.

The magic word there is "426", very rare. And yes that is an inflated price, even for a 426.
It's BJ, fantasy, show biz ...... They own many of the cars that cross their block and salt the crowd with shill bidders...... It's a TV show, man.

We also have a gold and cool vanilla painted 426 auto convertible in the family, but it's not currently for sale. It will be at some point, but not yet. Fresh restoration but needs the exhaust done to be roadworthy. It was done more to stock. Original interior but in black instead of the gold. We had an extra interior laying around so we used it.

We also have a gold and cool vanilla painted 426 auto convertible in the family, but it's not currently for sale. It will be at some point, but not yet. Fresh restoration but needs the exhaust done to be roadworthy. It was done more to stock. Original interior but in black instead of the gold. We had an extra interior laying around so we used it.

Love to see some pictures of this car........

image.jpg
Here it is right after paint.

image.jpg

Late to the party but love the cars and sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Kids should not go before there parents.

Nice car, and sorry for your loss. My advise on selling is pick the price you want and leave it there. I am new here as well and there is huge knowledge available here. Want to stir it up? Tell everyone you're putting a 350 in it!

You might also wanna say: "Its got Posi-Traction."

Yes, We bought it from the original owner right around 2000, maybe a few years earlier, cant remember exactly when. Unfortunately, he threw a rod and put a hole in the block. Then he pulled the engine and did nothing with it. We saw it stuffed under some evergreen trees and bought it. Turns out that some years later, I started a new job and the lady who does the accounting was this guy's neighbour as she was growing up. I got to know her brother and after talking about cars for a while, we started chatting about this one. He nearly flipped when he found out that we bought it. So I asked him what he knew about it. He would go for rides in it back when he lived next door to it and he too verified that it was definitely a 426 car. So I called the original owner up and tried to get the block, but he had already sold it for scrap. Here's a few more pics for you too look at. It has since had a 383 put back into it. It's dad's car and I may or may not end up with it someday. Time will tell. 65furyafter.jpg65furyint.jpg65furyb4.jpgP5180146.jpg

65furyafter.jpg

65furyint.jpg

65furyb4.jpg

P5180146.jpg

Yes, We bought it from the original owner right around 2000, maybe a few years earlier, cant remember exactly when. Unfortunately, he threw a rod and put a hole in the block. Then he pulled the engine and did nothing with it. We saw it stuffed under some evergreen trees and bought it. Turns out that some years later, I started a new job and the lady who does the accounting was this guy's neighbour as she was growing up. I got to know her brother and after talking about cars for a while, we started chatting about this one. He nearly flipped when he found out that we bought it. So I asked him what he knew about it. He would go for rides in it back when he lived next door to it and he too verified that it was definitely a 426 car. So I called the original owner up and tried to get the block, but he had already sold it for scrap. Here's a few more pics for you too look at. It has since had a 383 put back into it. It's dad's car and I may or may not end up with it someday. Time will tell. View attachment 40255View attachment 40256View attachment 40257View attachment 40258

OHhhhhhh my ........ Cool car.... cool story..... :love4:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back