1966 Polara

It's an internet forum. We get all kinds. If Jakter doesn't want to share info, I get it. I am particular on what I share where and with whom... mine is pretty general itself.

Either way. let's all let it go, and we'll watch or help @LocuMob fix his car and let @Jakter do his thing.

I hope we're all here to get or share info on Mopars right?

You have no idea. You'd think that was it but Trolls are here for 1 reason. His isn't cars.

Woo hoo! My radiators showed up today.

PXL_20240710_004550293.jpg

I fired up the beast with the jump pack, (what a pile, I should just scrap it, right? :rofl:) and parked it out back.

PXL_20240710_010101062.jpg

Romeo even got in on the action! (He's a great dog, by the way! He loves to be a part of whatever I'm doing. Thanks again and forever, Dave!)

When I went to take the pack off the battery, I noticed some smoke coming from the area by the oil cap on the passenger side, after about 30 seconds of running. A few dead cylinders, but it went into gear and moved just fine. It never got enough rpm's to make any clatter, but I'm sure it would if prodded. I'll do that in a couple of days when I'm off. I completely expect it will

Some people may think this is a giant turd, but I love this car, it gives me a smile even when it gives me a headache. Just hearing it fire up and idle a little rough, now rougher than normal, puts a big grin on my face. We have been through a lot together, and will be through a lot more in the future. I love new beginnings, it's an open road to adventure, pun intended.

Cue one of the greatest bands of all time

Stopping, or moving backwards was never an option. This is the car that hooked me on C bodies, and especially the '66 Polara and Monaco. I'll never get rid of this car, I truly love it, and it brings me a lot of joy. I'm excited to rip apart the front end again and swap engines. It's nice getting intimate with your car.
Glad to hear that you’re moving forward! Keep on progressing!

Stopping, or moving backwards was never an option. This is the car that hooked me on C bodies, and especially the '66 Polara and Monaco. I'll never get rid of this car, I truly love it, and it brings me a lot of joy. I'm excited to rip apart the front end again and swap engines. It's nice getting intimate with your car.
If only you weren’t deluded into thinking the 66 is better than the 65. Not a chance, they perfected it in 65 :)

I like the Cragar's, but I just wasn't feeling it with this car. A few days of searching and I scored a set of very clean, almost new slots to put the car back to the way it should be visually.

PXL_20240712_215610263.jpg

I'll get some different center caps and tires soon. The seller was a Mopar truck guy with a lot of vehicles on his property. Had a Lil Red clone (he got a painted, restored '80 for a really good price with a ton of extra parts, axles, and an engine in the deal!) and a '79 Lil Red he's currently restoring. We spent almost two hours talking Mopars. It was a beautiful day to drive through the countryside on the back roads of Iowa.

I like the Cragar's, but I just wasn't feeling it with this car. A few days of searching and I scored a set of very clean, almost new slots to put the car back to the way it should be visually.

View attachment 671164

I'll get some different center caps and tires soon. The seller was a Mopar truck guy with a lot of vehicles on his property. Had a Lil Red clone (he got a painted, restored '80 for a really good price with a ton of extra parts, axles, and an engine in the deal!) and a '79 Lil Red he's currently restoring. We spent almost two hours talking Mopars. It was a beautiful day to drive through the countryside on the back roads of Iowa.
I'm considering slots for my Wagon.

Back