1968 Plymouth fury III engine harness

stu’s68furyiiirat

Reaction score
I have a 1968 fury III I LIKE TO REDO THE ENGINE HARNESS like to the alternator I did the under hood amp bypass already and I like to make my own I like to know what oem connectors and would 16awg be ok to run under the hood I’m fixing to redo the starter wire and trying to clean up the wires under the hood any help would be great

16ga wire seems a little thin, but it depends on what it's powering. Temp sender would be ok, ign power I would want 14ga. I would try to match the factory wire gauge. I believe the OEM connectors are packard 56.

16ga wire seems a little thin, but it depends on what it's powering. Temp sender would be ok, ign power I would want 14ga. I would try to match the factory wire gauge. I believe the OEM connectors are packard 56.
Ok sounds great I can do that 14ga and 1 16ga for temp sensor and would you happened to know how to bypass bulkhead and do the amp meter gauge on dash

If you search ammeter bypass on the site, there are threads about it. Most guys disconnect the ammeter and connect the wires together. Then run a large gauge wire from the alternator stud to the starter relay, usually about 8ga.

Back