1969-73 Plymouth Sport Suburban body side wood grain decals and headliner availability??

66l78rat

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are the wood grain decals and headliner panels available anywhere? I found a decent original driver but wood grain is very faded and headliner is gone. With those replaced, it would be a very decent driver but the cost of those 2 things might cause me to pass if they are even available. There are some nice wagons on this site and hoping for some input.

Headliners and dynoc are available for wagons. What year/model are we talking about? The headliners changed in 72 to cloth vs the perf board.

1969 Plymouth Sport Suburban with pewter/silver interior-thanks

I do appreciate the info!! Never heard the term dynoc before either. I have to educate myself on wagons real quick!

I think a quality vinyl wrap shop should be able to get you squared away with woodgrain that looks close to right for a reasonable price.

If you hold off on the headliner a few weeks I'll let you know how mine fits. I worked with REM to develop the 69 boards as what they initially sold was dimensionally correct for 70 and 71 only. Apparently they changed the bow spacing in 70.

Dynoc!
20231029_165318.jpg

I think a quality vinyl wrap shop should be able to get you squared away with woodgrain that looks close to right for a reasonable price.

If you hold off on the headliner a few weeks I'll let you know how mine fits. I worked with REM to develop the 69 boards as what they initially sold was dimensionally correct for 70 and 71 only. Apparently they changed the bow spacing in 70.
Any word on the fit? I have a 69 T&C with a pretty bad headliner, id be ecstatic to have a replacement available!

Yes, I not too long ago converted my headliner from the perforated hard board to the vinyl version that mimics the 1972 or 73 headliners placed in these wagons from then on from the factory. My installer said it fit pretty good but he had to stretch it a little bit to fit at the very rear but was able to get it in. The headliner I received was from: Newstalgia Parts - 1969 Chrysler Town and Country Headliner Conversion. I called them to inquire whether they still provide them and they confirmed that they do still provide them.

I would recommend you go to a salvage yard that has one of those wagons in it and get the front compartment light and also the rear cargo area light related mounting parts because you will need them to install both of the lights in the proper place and I would also cut out the front and rear jagged metal areas at the top of the windshield and just above the rear door glass where the front and rear of the headliners have to mount. My body/paint guy installed (welded those pieces just as the later wagons had them placed so that he could weld all those pieces in place before I sent it to my headliner/interior installation guy. It turned out perfect and looked exactly like the later models from the factory and no need for all the future problems with the perforated hardboard arrangement, although one person on this site who lives in the high desert area of Southern California had his original hardliner installed to as new with perforated hardboard and it looked fantastic. This latter person is on our website but I can not recall his site handle, but maybe he could chime in - it too looked fantastic. Maybe he will see this and chime in relative to who he used who is located in the Victorville area of Southern California.

Either way is a good choice if you have the proper folks to install either one that you prefer and either choice would be a good one. If your vehicle is left out in the sun occasionally I would recommend the cloth conversion otherwise either choice could be a good one.

Here is a post showing my headliner installed:
1723500797214.jpeg

1723501167573.jpeg

The overall wagon view......................

1723501472819.jpeg

Best wishes
Steve

Last edited:
Yes, I not too long ago converted my headliner from the perforated hard board to the vinyl version that mimics the 1972 or 73 headliners placed in these wagons from then on from the factory. My installer said it fit pretty good but he had to stretch it a little bit to fit at the very rear but was able to get it in. The headliner I received was from: Newstalgia Parts - 1969 Chrysler Town and Country Headliner Conversion. I called them to inquire whether they still provide them and they confirmed that they do still provide them.

I would recommend you go to a salvage yard that has one of those wagons in it and get the front compartment light and also the rear cargo area light related mounting parts because you will need them to install both of the lights in the proper place and I would also cut out the front and rear jagged metal areas at the top of the windshield and just above the rear door glass where the front and rear of the headliners have to mount. My body/paint guy installed (welded those pieces just as the later wagons had them placed so that he could weld all those pieces in place before I sent it to my headliner/interior installation guy. It turned out perfect and looked exactly like the later models from the factory and no need for all the future problems with the perforated hardboard arrangement, although one person on this site who lives in the high desert area of Southern California had his original hardliner installed to as new with perforated hardboard and it looked fantastic. This latter person is on our website but I can not recall his site handle, but maybe he could chime in - it too looked fantastic. Maybe he will see this and chime in relative to who he used who is located in the Victorville area of Southern California.

Either way is a good choice if you have the proper folks to install either one that you prefer and either choice would be a good one. If your vehicle is left out in the sun occasionally I would recommend the cloth conversion otherwise either choice could be a good one.

Here is a post showing my headliner installed: View attachment 677025

View attachment 677026

The overall wagon view......................

View attachment 677028

Best wishes
Steve
That’s a beautiful wagon, just like mine only way nicer. Unfortunately living in Michigan there really isn’t any c bodies left in yards, hardly any mopar stuff period so getting any of those parts would be difficult. There isn’t any upholstery shops left in business locally either.

That’s a beautiful wagon, just like mine only way nicer. Unfortunately living in Michigan there really isn’t any c bodies left in yards, hardly any mopar stuff period so getting any of those parts would be difficult. There isn’t any upholstery shops left in business locally either.
There are still many wrecking yards throughout the country that will remove parts and ship them to you, so you should look up some that specialize in Mopars or at least carry them in their yards. The better yards are generally in the Southern U.S. where rust is not really a big issue. Just be specific on what your needs are and if you have questions about what I described I needed, feel free to start a private conversation with me.

I don't know where in Michigan that you specifically reside in but you may need to be prepared to make a trip to Detroit perhaps where there must be some upholstery shops given all the restorations I see in the yearly parades on Woodward Ave.

Last edited:
Back